Re: My sims 4 pets expansion pack wont download

by roberta591

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My sims 4 pets expansion pack wont download

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

My sims 4 pets expansion pack wont download. i bought it and i got it. when i hit download it says preparing then it says like finalizing on the side bar under download manager for .2 seconds then it doesnt do anything and it goes back to download. i restarted my computer, redownloaded origin, everything i could think of

Message 1 of 2 (925 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

@nubbykittens  First - C&D requires a 64 bit operating system. If your computer's operating system is 32 bit, time to upgrade or get a newer computer. How much free space is on the system storage device? Sims downloads (installers) and updates tend to be large. You need at the very least (probably more) twice the size of the download of free space. There is always something in the background of the operating system that requires free space for temporary files (video frame buffers, page file, etc). If there is not enough free space the download will probably error. If the download crashed and can't restart itself, you may have to clear the buffers  in Origin to get the download to start again. I can only guess that EA's servers were swamped yesterday and if you couldn't get a connection because of too many users downloading, who knows what will happen. When mine dl'd there was a small download before the C&D downloaded. First you shouldn't have had to manually download the pack - mine started the minute I opened Origin (my Origin does not start on boot). Please check the above.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (1,188 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@nubbykittens  First - C&D requires a 64 bit operating system. If your computer's operating system is 32 bit, time to upgrade or get a newer computer. How much free space is on the system storage device? Sims downloads (installers) and updates tend to be large. You need at the very least (probably more) twice the size of the download of free space. There is always something in the background of the operating system that requires free space for temporary files (video frame buffers, page file, etc). If there is not enough free space the download will probably error. If the download crashed and can't restart itself, you may have to clear the buffers  in Origin to get the download to start again. I can only guess that EA's servers were swamped yesterday and if you couldn't get a connection because of too many users downloading, who knows what will happen. When mine dl'd there was a small download before the C&D downloaded. First you shouldn't have had to manually download the pack - mine started the minute I opened Origin (my Origin does not start on boot). Please check the above.

Message 2 of 2 (1,189 Views)