My sims 4 keeps crashing.

by emhemilee

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My sims 4 keeps crashing.

★★★★ Novice

About 3 weeks ago, out of no where my game began lagging, then crashing on loading screens or switching between build and buy. It's frustrating having your progress of a game you love get lost after 2 minutes because of it lagging or crashing. I just want to enjoy this game again. I tried reinstalling and repairing the game, but it hasn't improved. 

Message 1 of 36 (1,280 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My sims 4 keeps crashing.

Champion (Retired)

Those two Expansion packs should be ok though City Living can give trouble with weak graphics. Your graphics driver is very old try updating it at amd.com.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 6 of 36 (1,199 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Did you by any chance get an Expansion pack at that time?. If so that is the cause as a 64bit OS is required and you only have a 32bit version. also you do not have much RAM and poor graphics.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 36 (1,244 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have a couple expansions, but it started out of nowhere.. What can I do to fix it?

Message 3 of 36 (1,228 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Which expansions do you have? Cats & Dogs plus any later Expansion packs require 64bit.

Message 4 of 36 (1,220 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I only have city living and get to work. the newest pack I have of the ones I have is Laundry day.

Message 5 of 36 (1,213 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Those two Expansion packs should be ok though City Living can give trouble with weak graphics. Your graphics driver is very old try updating it at amd.com.

Message 6 of 36 (1,200 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have had city living for over a year and it's never caused any problems. But thank you.

Message 7 of 36 (1,197 Views)

★★★★ Novice
When I click install, and it asks to allow changes, after I click yes, it says I have an incompatible build and closes.
Message 8 of 36 (1,184 Views)

Champion (Retired)

You probably got the 64bit driver where you need the 32bit one.

Message 9 of 36 (1,164 Views)

★★★★ Novice

What would I do then?

Message 10 of 36 (1,153 Views)