My sims 4 keeps crashing at the exact same play time

by natashadoran

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My sims 4 keeps crashing at the exact same play time

★★★★★ Newbie

Help my game crashes at the exact same time each load up was like 10 mins so saved it closer to where it kept happening but still crashes straight away at same time.Done that dxdiag and no issues. I have acer nitro 5 and had it 9 months only has the sims 4 on it an all packs as it only used for this. No new updates required. Am at a loss now

Message 1 of 4 (695 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My sims 4 keeps crashing at the exact same play time

@natashadoran  If the crashes happen during or just after Winterfest, you may have this issue:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-Game-Freeze-Extended-Loading-Times-Save-Game/m-p...

If so, please try the workarounds described in that post.

Otherwise, please let me know what's happening in-game when it crashes, and please also attach your dxdiag to a post.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (672 Views)

All Replies

@natashadoran  If the crashes happen during or just after Winterfest, you may have this issue:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-Game-Freeze-Extended-Loading-Times-Save-Game/m-p...

If so, please try the workarounds described in that post.

Otherwise, please let me know what's happening in-game when it crashes, and please also attach your dxdiag to a post.

Message 2 of 4 (673 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict thanks you so much I deleted that save as it was 40k. So will this happen everyone it comes round ro winterfest
Message 3 of 4 (659 Views)

@natashadoran  If you remove Father Winter as a tradition, you shouldn't have the issue.  Or you can use a mod to prevent it.  We can't link mods here, but the post I linked has all the relevant information.

If you liked that save, you could always recover a backup version, that is if you didn't also delete the backups.  But if you'd prefer to start over, then you should be fine as long as Father Winter never has to spawn.  This bug will probably be fixed sooner or later though, so keep an eye on the master thread.

Message 4 of 4 (652 Views)