Re: My sims 4 isnt working, not doing commands.

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

★ Apprentice

If i que up more than 1 command my sims just stand there and the commands disappear from the que.  Another annoying thing is that sims are very slow to respond.  I noticed on youtube that other players are having the same issue. 

Message 21 of 30 (1,593 Views)

★ Guide

Most recently i've been having issues with sim commands, specifically when toddlers have a toy in hand and doesn't let go of it or a adult with a book in hand and won't let go of it, they walk around with it everywhere, if i try get a order for a sim, the new orders just vanish. i have to interact with the item they are holding and get them to use it and then tell them to put it away so they can take orders properly again. on occasion, i can't get them to remove the item out of their hand, i save exit the game and reload the game and save, the item is stuck mid air upside down or in a wall, unreachable to sims when stuck in a wall and have to go into build mode to move the item.

Most recently i've been playing one of my custom families; the Alderra family. i had to go through the run around to get Jasmine to put down this cup and get back to a now dead Julian and try to plead for his life from the grim reaper for one more day. almost didin't make it to do that.

Message 22 of 30 (1,570 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes actually i tell them to do things and they either go to bed or do whatever OR JUST STAND THERE my husband says its a glutch in the game so idk but yeah they barely wanna ever do their reaponsibilities 

Message 23 of 30 (1,174 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Having this same issue and the kids are going to die.  It is maddening.  I command the parents to feed the kids and they just stand there staring at the child and do not do it then the command goes away.  I've tried resetting and everything. Any help?

Message 24 of 30 (1,089 Views)

@Lov2500  Try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.  This helps with sims freezing and not following commands at least some of the time.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 25 of 30 (1,083 Views)

★ Guide

We already have a bug where a sim interrupts it's commands to do something else, but I'm having the issue you described myself and I might add something : 
At times, sims are doing actions not listed in there queue, even with autonomy off, before even doing what I asked of them.

Message 26 of 30 (1,076 Views)

@Vatzfu  What are your sims doing instead of their assigned tasks?

Message 27 of 30 (1,057 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@sandraulloa1 wrote:

Hey guys, hopefully you can help me out. 

I did the update, but ever since then my sims hasn't been working too well. When i ask my sims to cook, or do anything actually (cook, romance things, try for baby, chat, literally everything) it shows the command on their list, but they do not do it. Time doesn't stop it still keeps going, but they wont do their command. When i press exit, it'll erase the command and sometimes they will do it, but not everytime. Is anyone else having this issue? please help!!!! thanks!!!

yeah me to i don"t tried to make my sim teleport does not work tried reloading t he game does not work please

Message 28 of 30 (847 Views)

@Chichitanda  Please describe your issue in more detail.  I'm not really sure what the problem is.

Please also test a new save and let me know whether the same problem is present.

Message 29 of 30 (828 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Wow! I have been struggling with this for 2 days! This helped me a lot! Thank you so much! 

Message 30 of 30 (676 Views)