Re: My sims 4 isnt working, not doing commands.

by dabrownsugar11

Original Post

★★★ Novice

I think this happened when I install the Christmas content, I noticed the smaller wall mounted TV was glitching and that might have been the problem.

Message 11 of 30 (3,653 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know this is a little bit late, 2018 but i still have the same problem, but i did find a solution! If you have another sim in your household then get that sim to talk to your sim with the problems. Soon after they begin chatting your glitched sim that wasn't doing any commands should be back to normal!! Hope this helps for the players looking at this in the future. Have fun, Haley 

Message 12 of 30 (3,518 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Wow thanks so much! 

Message 13 of 30 (3,434 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

same, my sim wont have a baby or eat or anything, except sleep for one second and use the bath and toilet

Message 14 of 30 (3,241 Views)

★★★ Guide

@hunna2322 Are you using any Custom Content or Mods?

Message 15 of 30 (3,237 Views)

★★ Pro

@hunna2322

Going off of what Tipin_Nox asked, if you're using mods and/or custom content you'll want to make sure they're up to date with the latest patch. You may need to clear your game cache and delete the localthumbcache.package from the Sims 4 folder to help with troubleshooting.

How to Delete Cache Files
https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

Custom content can become outdated with most new game patches. If the game works when the Mods folder is removed, then one or more of the mods and/or custom content has become outdated and will need to be removed or replaced. EA/Maxis aren't responsible for broken mods/cc. It's up to the creators to fix.

Disabling or turning off both mod/cc options isn't enough of a test.

Try the 50/50 method:

1. Move all the mods and cc out into a temporary folder on the desktop.
2. Move a few files back at a time. Load the game to make sure it loads and everything is good.
3. Delete the localthumbcache.package from the Sims 4 folder.
4. Repeat steps 1 - 3 till there is no more files to check.

** While your testing, don't save the game. If you find any problems, delete the mod or custom content file.

How To Find Problem Mods and CC
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS4_Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

Message 16 of 30 (3,226 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

It has nothing to do with Mods, just help them out and do the chores till the problem is fixed. This happens every time new packs are placed. They are getting ready for the new packs on July

No its not Custom Content, this happens they get new packages installed. Their is another coming.

(Posts merged by CM).

Message 17 of 30 (2,565 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here.  No mods and i've spent all my time trying to keep toddlers alive and not get taken away.

Message 18 of 30 (2,560 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I good way to make your sim do the commands is to start a new game but do it in a  tutorial You can do the tutorial if you feel like it or you can just push end tutorial and pick keep on playing with this world and then your Sim would hopefully do the commands you want them to

Message 19 of 30 (2,538 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello Simmers,

I was excited about the new patch. Just like some other simmers, My sims hasn't been doing any commands. This game is now unplayable for me.  How can anyone that also has this issue,   enjoy the new patch if now there is some kind of bug that is preventing our sims from doing anything? This is very disappointing EA. 

Message 20 of 30 (2,441 Views)