Re: My sims 4 game is broken after an update

by outlier92

Original Post

My sims 4 game is broken after an update

★★ Novice

So the game was updating a few times at 1st and it kept like stopping and now my Sims game I can't as like a weird paper thing with blue on it but that does matter I can still play the game but every time I load it up like those like llama pictures everywhere for the deal sea images and then what I load up the game it has like a question mark on the sims head. And like I bought this game with my own money and I'll be dammed if it's broken a few days after I bought it.  And it kind of complicated  Because I'm only 15 and I don't know how to do computer stuff like with the folders.  So I hope someone can help me fix this.

Message 1 of 8 (10,493 Views)

@Supernatural_104  Is the "weird paper thing" a desktop icon?  If so, it's broken; just trash it.  Then open your Origin library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.  Test the game, and let me know if any of the issues are still present.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 8 (10,486 Views)

★★★ Newbie

HI! i have the exact same problem, in the world meny when i click on my sims its just a blue flickering square box. and all sims are gone out of my game, same with the meny to go in to build mode etc. I repaird the sims in origin, i uninstalled it and installed it again, but everything is still the same and i took out all my mods out of my game but its the actuall game thats the problem. Any ideas? 

Message 3 of 8 (10,420 Views)

@emmaluu97  Is this your issue?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/MOD-RELATED-Sims-disappeared-from-household-Blue-flash...

If so, please read the first post for more information.  You'll need to keep your mods out of your game, delete localthumbcache.package, and try to restore a backup of each affected save.

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/save-games/#wiederherstellen

It's also a good idea to create a backup copy of your saves folder now, before you do anything else.  That way, you can experiment on your saves without worrying about borking them completely.  To back up the folder, right-click on it and select Copy, then right-click on your desktop (or wherever you want to the backup to be) and select Paste.

Message 4 of 8 (10,409 Views)

★ Novice

Actually  you can rename your file to old an run administration  an delete  delet the old sims 4 an your game will run like new

Message 5 of 8 (10,180 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict you saved my sims's life...thank you!
Message 6 of 8 (9,395 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict hi i need help. Recently my sims 4 stopped working and I repaired it over and over. I don't have any mods installed but it still won't work. I don't know what to do.
Message 7 of 8 (6,736 Views)

@yla23  When you say the game stopped working, what exactly do you mean: does it start to load, do you see a white screen, does it crash when you're playing, etc.?

Please also run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 8 of 8 (6,711 Views)