My sims 4 CC download files turn into google chrome... help please?

by peachhfuzzz

Original Post

My sims 4 CC download files turn into google chrome... help please?

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

When downloading a CC file I clicked on Google Chrome, not knowing how much of a disaster it would become into. Could anyone help me revert my files back into the white page icon? Help is much appreciated thanks Standard smile)

Message 1 of 9 (3,052 Views)

Re: My sims 4 CC download files turn into google chrome... help please?

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@peachhfuzzz 
Simply delete these files and download them once more without using Google Chrome
I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 9 (3,029 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

It didn't work. I used most internet domains and it still doesn't work ;\ Thanks anyways though Standard smile)

Message 3 of 9 (3,018 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

When you are on this page where CC is you already use some browser just as right now. Just choose the CC you want to download and do it.

Message 4 of 9 (3,015 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@peachhfuzzz 

First off. This happened because you tried to open a *.package file in Chrome. You should not try to open these files as that is not how they work.

That said it doesn't really matter that the icon changed they will work fine in the game anyway. However you can reset file associations if you want to by going to Settings | Apps | Default Apps. Where it says "Reset to Microsoft recommended defaults" click the Reset button. Warning this resets all file associations which means that you may have other programs installed where you will need to setup the correct associations again.

Happy gaming.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 9 (2,989 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem but I'm on a Mac. I don't have the same settings, what should I do?

Message 6 of 9 (2,490 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@lizziekwiatko 

Ask in the Mac specific group how you do there but as I wrote it is not really necessary.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 7 of 9 (2,486 Views)

@lizziekwiatko

Please can you start a new post in the Mac forum here - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/bd-p/The-Sims-Mac

Please be very specific in explaining the issue you are having Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 8 of 9 (2,474 Views)

★ Novice

Yes I can help I had the same problem until just now .. so I deleted and uninstalled google everything google and all my sims files automatically went back to the blank paper and I download new ones and they download back to original state 

hope this helps 

oh I reinstalled and everything is good !

Message 9 of 9 (1,969 Views)