Re: My sims 3 game won't open after launcher

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My sims 3 won’t play after lau

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

So I have windows 11 and I downloaded the sims 3 again and the launcher will pop up but when I press play nothing happens at all. I don’t have any mods in my game. And I’ve repaired it. My sims 4 game runs fine so I don’t know what wrong with the sims 3 game.

Message 1 of 5 (602 Views)

Accepted Solution

@delicious-simmer  You don't have a 12th-gen Intel processor, but the errors in your dxdiag are the same as the one that people with those processors have.  So their solution may work for you as well.  Specifically, try limiting the game to one CPU core while it's loading.  You can use a script that another player created:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-3-won-t-open-Alder-Lake-Intel-12th-gen-CPU/m-p/11...

Or you can use Process Lasso to put the limit in place.  With Process Lasso, you'll want to close it and thereby undo the change once you have a save loaded, for performance reasons; the script linked above is self-limiting.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (445 Views)

All Replies

Re: My sims 3 won’t play after lau

[ Edited ]

@delicious-simmer  Again, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

And let me know whether Sims 3 has ever run on this computer.

Message 2 of 5 (571 Views)

My sims 3 game won't open after launcher

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I got a new laptop, just updated it to windows 11 and for some reason now my Sims 3 game won't open after the I click play on the launcher. Like nothing shows up except the origin page. I reset my laptop and I downloaded and ran the DirectX thing and still nothing. Can anyone please help?!

Message 3 of 5 (472 Views)

Re: My sims 3 won’t play after lau

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

My sims 3 game has never run on my current computer. 

Message 4 of 5 (457 Views)

@delicious-simmer  You don't have a 12th-gen Intel processor, but the errors in your dxdiag are the same as the one that people with those processors have.  So their solution may work for you as well.  Specifically, try limiting the game to one CPU core while it's loading.  You can use a script that another player created:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-3-won-t-open-Alder-Lake-Intel-12th-gen-CPU/m-p/11...

Or you can use Process Lasso to put the limit in place.  With Process Lasso, you'll want to close it and thereby undo the change once you have a save loaded, for performance reasons; the script linked above is self-limiting.

Message 5 of 5 (446 Views)