Re: My sims 3 specific aging sliders is not there

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict wrote:

@strandedhobomom  Save the file (the little floppy disc icon near the upper left corner), then upload it here so I can see it.  You can attach it to a post or put it directly into the text of your answer.  The attach button is below the text field where you type a response; it's next to a paper clip icon.  The button to add an image into the text of your answer is just above the text field, next to the link icon.

Untitled.pnghere

Message 11 of 14 (542 Views)

[ Edited ]

@strandedhobomom  This looks like an extremely old interface, maybe from before specific age sliders were patched in.  I don't even remember whether they were present when I first started playing, but the sliders have been around for years.  What kind of install is this (disc or digital and what source)?  How you try to patch will depend on the type of install.

Please also let me know your patch level (version number).  You can see it in the lower left corner of the launcher.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 14 (539 Views)

★★ Novice

It is a disc install and it says it is version 1.0.631.00001

Message 13 of 14 (526 Views)

@strandedhobomom  That would explain the problem—you have the original release version, unpatched.

Since all the patches together are so large, the best way to patch to 1.67, the highest level for disc installs, is to download and run the Super Patch.  Here's a link to the download:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/175477/official-ea-download-link-for-the-sims-3-cumulati...

You want the link under the heading "Cumulative Base Game Super Patch."  Once you've downloaded it, double-click to open it and select your game when prompted.  It will take a few minutes, but at the end, you'll be fully patched and will have the custom age sliders, along with a lot of other features that were added after the fact.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 14 of 14 (2,120 Views)