My sims 3 specific aging sliders is not there

by strandedhobomom

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My sims 3 specific aging sliders is not there

★★ Novice

My sims 3 specific aging slider is not there. Does anyone know if I can fix this?

Message 1 of 14 (1,742 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My sims 3 specific aging sliders is not there

@strandedhobomom  That would explain the problem—you have the original release version, unpatched.

Since all the patches together are so large, the best way to patch to 1.67, the highest level for disc installs, is to download and run the Super Patch.  Here's a link to the download:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/175477/official-ea-download-link-for-the-sims-3-cumulati...

You want the link under the heading "Cumulative Base Game Super Patch."  Once you've downloaded it, double-click to open it and select your game when prompted.  It will take a few minutes, but at the end, you'll be fully patched and will have the custom age sliders, along with a lot of other features that were added after the fact.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 14 of 14 (2,157 Views)

All Replies

@strandedhobomom  Is this a custom slider, or something you're expecting to see in-game?  If it's the latter, which aging sliders aren't there, and where are you looking?  You can't change individual age settings at the Main Menu; you have to open a save to do it.

If this is something else, please let me know what it is and what's not working.

Message 2 of 14 (1,734 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

You know when it says you can change the sims lifespan but you only get a few options, I can’t seem to find the specific lifespan options. Do you know where I should see them.I was expecting to see this in game.

Message 3 of 14 (1,726 Views)

[ Edited ]

@strandedhobomom  Once you've loaded a save, new or not, you can click on the three dots in the lower left corner of your screen.  From there select Options, and then Game Options.  This is what it should look like:

Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 4.15.35 PM.png

I don't have all packs installed on this computer, so you may have more options than I do.  At any rate, as long as the box to enable aging is checked, you should be able to manually adjust the length of each age stage, within some boundaries.  If you want a stage to be longer or shorter than the limit you're seeing, change the overall lifespan from "Normal" to something else first.

If you're not seeing this, is it possible you have a mod that's interfering?  You can test by temporarily moving your Mods folder to the desktop and deleting scriptCache.package inside your game folder.  If you don't use mods, ignore this.

And if you're seeing something completely different, it would be helpful to see a screenshot.

Message 4 of 14 (1,711 Views)

★★ Novice

Sorry I’m new to the game. How do you screenshot?

Message 5 of 14 (1,703 Views)

@strandedhobomom  The in-game screenshot function won't help here, but you can take one on your computer and then upload it.  Put the game in windowed mode (go to Options and the setting should be right there).  Then hit Windows key-shift-S (Windows) or cmd-shift-4 (Mac) and drag your cursor over the section of the screen you want to capture.  In Windows, the image will land in the clipboard; open Paint or another image editing app and crtl-V to paste it.  On a Mac, the image will appear on your desktop all by itself.

Message 6 of 14 (1,694 Views)

★★ Novice

where is the option to put it in windowed mode

Message 7 of 14 (1,683 Views)

@strandedhobomom  Launch the game, load a save or start a new one, then wait for it to load.  When it does, click the three dots in the lower left corner of your screen.  Select Options from the menu.  When the Options screen comes up, you will see one of two things.  In Windows, there will be a little box that says "Enable fullscreen mode," which you can uncheck (be sure to accept the changes, or it will revert to fullscreen).  In macOS, the screen will say that you can use cmd-return to switch between fullscreen and windowed modes.

If you don't see this, please take a picture of the launcher, as in, the window that shows up when you first open the game, the one that has the Play button.

Message 8 of 14 (1,663 Views)

★★ Novice

It’s in paint, what now?

Message 9 of 14 (1,648 Views)

@strandedhobomom  Save the file (the little floppy disc icon near the upper left corner), then upload it here so I can see it.  You can attach it to a post or put it directly into the text of your answer.  The attach button is below the text field where you type a response; it's next to a paper clip icon.  The button to add an image into the text of your answer is just above the text field, next to the link icon.

Message 10 of 14 (1,644 Views)