Re: Sims 3 ambitions not playable.

by crinrict

Original Post

Hero

I literally also don't know what's going on.

Could both post this file: LoadOption.ini (attach it to your post, if you can't upload ini files, change the extension to txt before uploading.

I have all discs too and don't have an issue. 

Maybe also try moving that file to the desktop and let the game create a new one.

Also it would be good if you all ran a new OER and post the ID again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 47 (1,678 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Here's a newly generated file, all expansion packs selected (except for WA and Ambitions, obviously).

As for the OER, I'm a little bit confused regarding whether it's some kind of region/country-based system or globally available. I can't seem to find any information about it, but I'm gonna assume it's more like the latter. 

Message 32 of 47 (1,658 Views)

Hero

Here's instructions for that: https://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-use-origin-error-reporting/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 47 (1,626 Views)

EA Staff

@ArkemosBloodmaw and @Javlafaith Just to double check when you ran the repair, did you do so just for the EP or the whole game? To run the repair for the whole game, you need to do so from the main 'My Games' page in Origin, to repair individual EP's you can do so from the Sims 3 Game Details page? If you ran the repair on just the missing EP, try repairing the entire game.

Also could you both post a recent Origin Error Report ID? 

Message 34 of 47 (1,607 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Oh right, almost forgot about the OER, oops. 09dc70d970014e78
Also, what I meant was more like, uh, if the report would be, in lack of better explanation, "assigned" based on your country or something like that. Eh.

I've tried repairing both the base game and the EPs, even repairing the base game itself first before downloading and installing the EPs.

Edit: I just remembered that I had The Sims 3 along with four expansion packs installed on another computer. I checked up on it and surely, the World Adventures and Ambitions EPs were installed, along with Late Night and Supernatural. The game was not up to date, and not installed via Origin.

I tried feeding that computer the WA disc, and voila, the computer read the disc perfectly fine. I didn't actually try the Ambitions disc, but I assume it would be the same with it. I proceeded to uninstall the game, which was kind of a hassle as it refused to uninstall for some odd reason, so I had to do it manually.
I checked this computer again, but it won't read the discs nor did the EPs show up in the Sims launcher. I'm redownloading and reinstalling them at the moment to see if there's any change.

Why would the World Adventure and Ambitions discs fail to read on this computer, but not on the other one? And why those two specifically, and not Late Night and Supernatural, too? This is really strange, it's like the computer -banned- the games. 

Edit 2: Holycow I the computer actually reads the Ambitions disc! Unfortunately no World Adventures, nor did either of them show up in the launcher after reinstalling, but I'll give the disc installation a try now to see if it works.

*le huk* It's installed and working! I have no idea how or why, but yeah... I still can't seem to get World Adventures to work though. Hmm.

Whoa. Okay so after looking in the registry editor for a while, I came across several World Adventure registry keys:
Under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->SOFTWARE, I found keys in Origin Games (sims3_ep01_dd), Sims.BK (The Sims 3 World Adventures) and another one in Wow6432Node->Sims.BK->The Sims 3->DLCs.
This was all after uninstalling it through Origin.
After deleting them all, my World Adventure disc started working. I am now able to install it through the disc, and I will check if it works through Origin aswell afterwards.

Unfortunately, installing them through Origin still causes the issue with them not showing up in the launcher. However, the discs now works for installing the EPs. Weird stuff going on here.

Message 35 of 47 (1,603 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Can't entirely find my LoadOption.ini in any folder after extensive digging so I cant entirely post it on my behalf and as for repairing, I tried to repair only the expansion first and im right now in the process of repairing the entirety of my sims 3 collection to check and see if I have any errors, if I do, I will post them on this post with an edit.

EDIT: Finally finished with the repair on the entire game, and nothing new has changed. Ambitions still refuses to show in the launcher.

Message 36 of 47 (1,554 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

First off, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place, but this is the only post on the internet I have found of someone else having the same problem as me, albeit I am having the issue with World Adventures and Late Night, annoyingly, World Adventures being the main reason I reinstalled Sims 3 to begin with. 

So far I have tried:
Uninstalling all Expansions and reinstalling.

Reinstalling the Entire Sims 3 collection.

Uninstalling the entire Sims 3 collection, Uninstalling Origin, Running CCleaner and fixing all issues with the Registry, rebooting, Reinstalling Origin and Reinstalling Sims 3.

Copying over the package files from within C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\EP01\GameData\Shared\Packages to the Mod directory to attempt to force it to read the package file data.

Repairing each Expansion Pack

Repairing the Entire game

uninstalling specific expansions, running the game then reinstalling the problem expansions.

I even bought the final 3 stuff packs I needed to see if adding additional game files would refresh the registry.

Attempting to launch the game with and without mods and CC

So far I have had no luck whatsoever.

The Origin Error Report Code is 09e1794070015bb1

I really hope someone can figure out how to fix this.. Sims 3 is my ultimate time killer.

Message 37 of 47 (1,522 Views)

Hero

And you installed all through Origin ?

They don't show up in the launcher at all as for the others ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 38 of 47 (1,512 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes, all were downloaded and installed through origin, I didn't use the discs to install. Unfortunately several of the discs were destroyed by an angry ex, so origin is my only way of reinstalling them.

As the screenies I've just uploaded show, Origin sees them as installed, but the Launcher doesn't recognise them at all

Message 39 of 47 (1,503 Views)

Hero

This is such a puzzlements

Guess we need to wait for @EA_Kristi to check your OER. I can't do that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 40 of 47 (1,497 Views)