Re: Sims 3 ambitions not playable.

by crinrict

Original Post

EA Staff

@ArkemosBloodmaw Thanks for that! I just wanted to confirm, did you also try doing a Clean Boot?

In either case, I shall be looking into this and I hope to get back to you as soon as possible!

Message 21 of 47 (3,018 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Yes, yes I did. Sometimes I wish I could use the origin version of the sims 3 and just do a physical install of ambitions and play the game that way but according to the sims site, that's unable to happen.

EDIT: and it seems that after all that it still doesn't wanna install the expansion, this is starting to get slightly annoying.

EDIT 2: ok, so I did a full uninstall of sims 3 and everything I had with it to run a test to see if the sims 3 ambitions expansion pack on mine was corrupted, all I did was install sims 3 then ambitions and it wont show. Just thought to let ya know.

Message 22 of 47 (3,010 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Kristi Have you found out what is going on or are we still in the dark on this matter, cause I have tried just about everything that I could think of.

Message 23 of 47 (2,938 Views)

Hero

Sorry, just for recap since it's been awhile

• Do you have the disc or download version of the base game ?
  • Do you have the disc or download version of ambitions ?
  • What's your base game version ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 47 (2,931 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Seeing as I don't like to answer things out of order for it tends to confuse some people..(like me for example)

1. I have the base game as a disc originally but it got added to my origin library after one of the newer expansions was released.

2. I do have the disc version of Ambitions (along with every other expansion and 2 stuff, and one from origin) and ambitions was working before origin kept saying that the sims 3 needed to update and decided to remove everything. Basically forcing me to reinstall everything, which was when the problems started to arise.

3. By base game I assume you mean the current version? I believe it's version 1.69.43.024017, if the base version is needed with no expansions or stuff packs I would have to install the game on a different computer to provide the correct answer.

Message 25 of 47 (2,924 Views)

Hero

With 1.69 you need to install the download version of ambitions as they are saved to a different path.

This is something I still need to verify but disc and download version now install to a different path which might confuse the game.

Have you tried repairing the game through Origin yet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 47 (2,908 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Ten times to be truthful, I tried to repair it ten times on origin and it still doesn't want to show up no matter what I try, as for doing a manual installation of sims 3 ambitions, I tried to install it into the origin folder, which worked for a moment until Origin said that the version was out of date and removed it, and after doing an uninstallation of it on origin and reinstallation as well, I always check on the 'Expansions & Stuff' tab and arrange it by title, which seems to put  them in alphabetical order and it still doesn't show up as activate or anything., I will also provide a screenshot or two of what I currently see on my origin panel and on my launcher of the sims 3.

EDIT: I just noticed that the second screenshot was showing my favorite song by tombstone XD

Message 27 of 47 (2,900 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Did you check in which folder the EP is installed yet ?

Should be in programs(86x)\Origin_games\thesims3\EP02

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 47 (2,874 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just checked a moment ago and it says it's installed, along with every other EP, I literally have no idea what's going on.

Message 29 of 47 (2,867 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've got the exact same problem aswell.
World Adventures and Ambitions are not showing up in the game launcher. They are regarded as installed in Origin and the files show up inside of the installation directory.
Tried literally everything in this thread with the exception of reporting it through Origin Error Reporter. I had to reinstall the game due to factory reset, discovered that the game refused to launch the expansion packs, searched around a bit and found this thread.

Perhaps it's worth noting that I have physical copies of about half of my expansion packs, which includes those two EPs. I registered them all on Origin not too long ago I believe, but here's an interesting twist to it: my computer won't read neither of those two discs, while all the others work fine.

Message 30 of 47 (2,850 Views)