Re: Sims 3 ambitions not playable.

by crinrict

Original Post

My sims 3 ambitions not playable; doesn't show in launcher.

★★★ Newbie

Sims 3 ambitions appears as downloaded on my origin account, and on logos of games on my launcher. However, it does not show up on the expansions and stuff section of my game launcher. The content no longer exists in game, I have changed laptop, since i last remember seeing the content. I have tried uninstalling and redownloading the ambitions from origin. I have also attempted the "repair" option on origin, to no avail. 

Message 2 of 47 (2,878 Views)

Sims 3 ambitions not playable.

★★★ Newbie

My sims 3 ambitions appears as downloaded on my origin account, and appears on the logos of games on my sims launcher. However, it does not appear to show up on the expansions and stuff section of my game launcher. The content no longer exists on my game, I have changed laptop, since i last remember seeing the content. I have tried uninstalling and redownloading the ambitions from origin. I have also attempted the "repair" option on origin, to no avail.

There does not appear to be an update launcher section on the launcher these days either, so i assume i am up to date, (I do have windows 10 running).

any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 47 (2,880 Views)

Hero

Could you post a picture on what your launcher looks like ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 47 (2,852 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey, launcher and windows don't show ambitions. However, it shows in origin as downloaded and appears on my sims 3 page as downloaded.

Message 4 of 47 (2,838 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

- origin and community -

Message 5 of 47 (2,835 Views)

Hero

Could you do an Origin Error Report and put your ID here

http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-use-origin-error-reporting/

Tagging @EA_Kristi

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 47 (2,823 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. It shows in my files and on Origin, but I have not been able to play Ambitions whatsoever. It doesn't appear in the launcher and I've tried to uninstall and resinstall a few times, even tried repairing in case the file was corrupted.

I thought I had solved the problem when I discovered it wasn't saving to the Origin files (or anywhere I could find, for that matter) and that all the other EPs had saved to the EA files. I changed the save location to the EA files and uninstalled and installed Ambitions again, and this time it showed up, like I said, in files.. but not in the game launcher.

Any solutions here? Thank you in advance!

Message 7 of 47 (2,815 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Could you please also post your OER

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 47 (2,806 Views)

★★ Novice

Are you wanting my error report ID posted here? Sorry am not very clear

@crinrict wrote:

Could you please also post your OER

Message 9 of 47 (2,798 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Yes.

Since I posted instructions above, I thought I can be short :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 47 (2,783 Views)