My sim is stuck and I need help

by wallegrene

Original Post

My sim is stuck and I need help

★★★ Newbie

I'm playing on ps3 and I tried using a karma power on my sim but he is just standing there and not doing it so i tried it again and it was in my queue and I could delete the first one but the cancellation wont follow through so its stuck there and I've been playing for hous so hopefully I dont have to quit my game. What can I do?

Message 1 of 4 (2,722 Views)

Re: My sim is stuck and I need help

★★★★ Novice

Hello wallegrene, For your problem you would need a cheat, here is the cheat(sims 4 to sims 3) Type resetSim Firstname Lastname and click Enter. Make sure you enter the name of the Sim you want to reset. For example: If you want to reset Gobias Koffi, type: resetSim Gobias Koffi, and press Enter,   to open the cheats panel Press R1+R2+L1+L2 (all four shoulder buttons) at the same time.

Happy simming😊

Message 2 of 4 (2,677 Views)

★★★ Expert

@wallegrene Sorry for the late reply but I recently moved and I just now got my XBox 360 set up. Unfortunately the console versions of Sims 3 and Sims 3 Pets are prone to getting stuck like this or glitching in other ways, especially during loading screens. I don't think there is any way to reset it other than exiting the game and reloading. I generally save at least one time every in-game day so if it glitches on me at least I won't lose a lot of progress.

@Turtlepaw422 The console versions of Sims 3 and Sims 3 Pets are very different than the PC version. There aren't any regular cheat commands, all we get is something called the "Creation Mode" with unlimited Simoleons and Karma power use. Unfortunately it's not any help with stuck Sims and using it disables Achievements.

Message 3 of 4 (2,622 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The Xbox cheats don't work in the same way as those of the PC game.

To open the cheats while the game is running open the dialog to save the game. When the pop up menu is on screen press simultaneously all four of the buttons on the back of the hand control the pop-up menu will change. Follow the on screen instructions.

*Note. Once the cheats have been turned on they can not be turned off for the current game. The cheats are not on for other saved or new games. The disadvantage is that you are not awarded challenge points. This means that if you start a new game you only have the accumulated challenge points and purchases collected up to the time you turn on the cheats. This is true even if you chose not to activate the challenge goods, (see below).

To use a cheat highlight the mailbox and press LB and A together, you are then given a scroll though list of options.

To activate the Challenge point goods obtain the free lemma found in Build and Buy> Buy>Decor and place this on your lot. When back in live mode highlight the lemma and press A and follow the instructions.

Resetsim.

To use 'reset sim' highlight the post box press the 'LB' and 'A' together and you get an options menu select from this Reset Sim (which is near the bottom of the list). Then from the list of sims select the one you need to reset.

Message 4 of 4 (2,536 Views)