Re: My sim doesn't go to work

by crinrict

Original Post

My sim doesn't go to work

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Base game and Vintage Glamour stuff pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just playing
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim doesn't go to work. When work time comes, it suddenly reset itself moving on the work time of 24 hours. While this happen the little sim icon says the sim is at work, ever if it is at home. My sim follow the basic tasks but doesn't do some of them like open the fridge or turn on the stereo. Sometimes the actions queues gets completely stuck, and my sim stand still without moving, or sometimes even if the action is complete this still stays in the queue and disturb the other actions. This queue bugs occur also with my other sims. I tried to restart my game several times without succeed.
What do you expect to see? I expect that my sim goes to work without any problem and the actions queues of all my sims work properly, with my sims responding at my instructions.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I recently installed that last game update, but the bugs showed up only after a few hours of gaming Frown

Message 1 of 11 (750 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Have you tried moving your Sims out and back in as well as quitting the job and entering again ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (722 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes! I tried to change the job and also quit it, but even when I don't have any job I still have the issue. In the sim icon the little "suitcase" icon disappear but the other one (with the two people) still remains and says that the sim "works normally". 
(sorry my english isn't perfect, I hope I was clear Devil)

Message 3 of 11 (708 Views)

Hero

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (701 Views)

★★ Novice

I just sent you a PM with a WeTransfer link! Thank you <3

Message 5 of 11 (691 Views)

Hero
Thanks. Received. I'll take a look but it will have to wait till next year Wink (and no, 2019 hasn't hit here)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (687 Views)

★★ Novice

Of course :D 2019 hasn't hit here too!
Happy New Year <3

Message 7 of 11 (679 Views)

Hero

Hi @Irielyssa

I tested your save and was not able to reproduce your issue. Tried the Hawkins Family in Willow Creek and gave her a job (I see the faulty icon but she goes to work just fine with a job).

What job did you give her ? Did you try a different one ?

Two other things I noticed:

- The stereo in your living room is inaccessible due to being placed with move objects. I would not place it objects Sims need to use with moo cause it can lead to routing issues

- Mail box is blocked by some plants that were placed with moo. Same as above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 11 (630 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi! Thanks so much for the help!
Uhm that's strange! I gave her the culinary career when the bug appeared for the first time, then I changed it to business but I still had the issue. I'm trying right now again with another career and I'll let you know!

I already changed the stereo position as I noticed the issue myself! I had not noticed the mail instead! Thank you <3

Message 9 of 11 (604 Views)

Hero
I tried the criminal career which worked for me.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 11 (599 Views)