Re: My sim does not go to work

by burin077

Original Post

My sim does not go to work

★ Novice

Hi, 

This som is an actor, and is going to work, (not audition) and it said it was time for work. I decided to send her alone, and she never went. Then I figured, since there is no button to tell her to go to work, I'd just have to loose all the money and let it go. But now it is bothering me since its red and says she is really late for work. How do I force the actor to work? I have also had a lot of issues with the check for gigs button, so I have to ask since this issue might come back..

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2 (193 Views)

Re: My sim does not go to work

★★★★★ Guide

Hi;

Out of curiosity, did this happen on a Holiday in-game? Trying to send a Sim to work on a holiday tends to ignore the "Go to Work" action from triggering.

If you're running into this repeatedly, it's possible it could also be a complication with a known bug in how Gigs are handled. (Namely, there's one issue where if you take a gig, then swap to another lot for a few days, then back to the lot you took the gig with, the "check for auditions" button won't work, as if it thinks you already have a job.)

My recommendation would be to check the following for now:

- Click on your Phone icon, select the Briefcase.

- Check to see if "Cancel Audition" or "Cancel Gig" is showing. (See if this is showing before you take any gigs or auditions. If it is, it's likely your Sim was affected by the known bug; go ahead and cancel the Audition or Gig if this is the case, then try to take another one.)

Second thing to check would be if on the Career pane if it's showing you being on Holiday. If you're showing as being on Holiday, it's likely your Sim has been "locked" into this state.

There's a few methods you can use to try and knock it loose:

- Swap to another lot.

- Make a dummy "holiday" for your Sim to celebrate for the following day; wait for the holiday to finish, then check to make sure the holiday marker on your career pane has cleared.

- Swap to another lot, have the holiday with a Sim who has a regular career (Athlete, Business, one of the base-game careers.). Wait for the Sim to completely go through the holiday before swapping back to the affected lot.

If these steps do not work, hopefully someone else has additional ones; these are what I have used so far to clear out issues with not going to gigs or auditions.

- B

Message 2 of 2 (174 Views)