My sim child won't age up to teen and has stopped sleeping

by bmit04

Original Post

Re: My sim child won't age up to teen and has stopped sleeping

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem,but my sim also will not do any of the instructions I'm telling her to do. She will not go to school or sleep, however she will nap. Does anyone know how to fix the problem? Thanks

Message 11 of 15 (1,405 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Have you looked at the first post as well as the one before yours? Just to make it easier for you:

1.  tried cake in several rooms

2.  tried cake on several tables

3. after cheat tried to trigger aging

4.  resetSim (sim name)

5. tried moving out, the game crashed

6. tried change appearance, CAS began to load and just stayed on loading screen

7. tried edit sim, CAS screen began to load and just stayed on loading screen

8. tried to move, game crashed

9. tried evicting the family, but once done couldnt place the family into another home

10. Someone suggested for them, it was CC hair, so I went into the game launcher and deleted the hair.  nothing changed.  I believe she is wearing non CC clothes but I can't be sure. Except for these two issues, she appears the same as everyone else, interacts, eats, goes to school, etc

It all made sense to me just this past week.  Since the factory reset, I decided to add a few things back into my game.  I downloaded two sims I had uploaded to the exchange.  One of these sims, was part of the family when my problems started.  The next day while in CAS I found a particular dreaded cabinet in my installed content.  Turns out it was attached to three members of that family.  I also found three other corrupt content attached to my sims.  So I made "clean" sims and re uploaded them, made my apologies to my friends and advised them to check their sims.  Now just so you know, I do use progams to check for corrupt content, but somehow missed it or it didn't show up.

Message 12 of 15 (1,403 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

HMK1971, 

There seem to be a lot of reasons why the game crashes or becomes corrupt, whether it be code or CC.  It's maddening.  What kind of content if any are you using -store or third party?  I would suggest you try the factory reset as I did and see what you find.  I know its frustating to think about losing a hard earned game, but if you are experiencing issues now, they will continue and get worse.

BMIT04

Message 13 of 15 (1,397 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello guys, I had the same problem 2x.

1st time - I have installed CC (only hair and some clothes). I created a couple. They had 2 kids, girl and a boy. The girl grew up to teenager without problem, but the boy didnt grow up even when he kinda started the celebration - he suddenly stopped and walked away without growing up. I tried to move the family out and then back in to the house but i was not able to move them back cause it was stuck on the load screen. So i reinstalled the game and started over with this same couple (they were in the library).

2nd time - same couple, two kids - girl and boy. Girl grew up without problem to teenager, boy didnt grew up to teenager - I didnt save the game, so it was last saved when the boy had 2 days left before his birthday. Then i found this topic and I read the recommendation from rumbutter. I deleted the DCashe and I tried to run the game without CC. The boy grew up!!!

Thank you rumbutter!

It is stragne, i was using CC with many cothes and hair also before and i never faced such issue.

Message 14 of 15 (441 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @BarB928, could you take a look at the posts and advice shared in this thread? If they aren't helping there's a strong chance you are not experiencing the same issue as the Simmers in this thread (from 2014) and might be best to look for a more current one?

Alternatively if there isn't one already up that matches your issue, create a new thread to discuss it to help keep the troubleshooting and advise relevant to that issue. Standard smileI'll close this thread here. 

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 15 of 15 (427 Views)