Re: My sim child won't age up to teen and has stopped sleeping

by assyasmine

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My sim child won't age up to teen and has stopped sleeping

★★★★ Apprentice

Something has happened to my sim child.  Two issues at the same time.

She is a twin.  Her brother is not exibiting these problems, nor is anyone else in the house.

Issue 1

My sim child has stopped aging.  Everyone else is aging fine.  She was to age to a teen, went through the cheers and celebration but did not age.  Here is what I have tried to fix it:

1.  tried cake in several rooms

2.  tried cake on several tables

3. after cheat tried to trigger aging

4.  resetSim (sim name)

5. tried moving out, the game crashed

6. tried change appearance, CAS began to load and just stayed on loading screen

7. tried edit sim, CAS screen began to load and just stayed on loading screen

8. tried to move, game crashed

9. tried evicting the family, but once done couldnt place the family into another home

10. Someone suggested for them, it was CC hair, so I went into the game launcher and deleted the hair.  nothing changed.  I believe she is wearing non CC clothes but I can't be sure. Except for these two issues, she appears the same as everyone else, interacts, eats, goes to school, etc

Next I was going to try saving them to the library and starting a new game and place them in. I am not hopeful this will work.

Issue 2

She has stopped sleeping.  I have tried five different non CC beds. Each time I have set the bed ownership to her. I have switched bedrooms.  She will sometimes sleep for short periods in the tree house.  

She has also stopped showing up in the picture of the family when loading the game.  She also wasn't in the picture of the family when I evicted them.  I did install some CC recently from TSR, but it was CC I had before.  This is the first time I have had this issue.

My game, EPs SPs are downloaded from Origin.  I have store items and about a quarter of the CC I used to have when I mistakenly deleted the DCCache file.  I have decided not to put it all back.  I do use Dashboard and Custard.

Any suggestions would be helpful!  ThanX in advance!

Message 1 of 15 (19,850 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Apprentice

It all made sense to me just this past week.  Since the factory reset, I decided to add a few things back into my game.  I downloaded two sims I had uploaded to the exchange.  One of these sims, was part of the family when my problems started.  The next day while in CAS I found a particular dreaded cabinet in my installed content.  Turns out it was attached to three members of that family.  I also found three other corrupt content attached to my sims.  So I made "clean" sims and re uploaded them, made my apologies to my friends and advised them to check their sims.  Now just so you know, I do use progams to check for corrupt content, but somehow missed it or it didn't show up.

View in thread

Message 10 of 15 (20,279 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

dont worry about the DCache that one willregenerate once you start the game again its the DCBackup if the ccmerged file is deletd that's the one to watch

try clear the cache files too

delete the cach files go to electronic arts/the sims 3/

•CasPartCache.package

•compositorCache.package

•scriptCache.package

•simCompositorCache.package

•socialCache.package.package

it's safe to delete these files as a new ones will regenerate

in the launcher click th erun without CC to see if you can play fine  thenit will help you figure out if it is 3rd partry CC

you don't necessiarly have to save to the libiary (although it is agood idea to save a copy of them to the libiary in case you do want to start a new game or if something goes wrong with a save  you still have the family ) and start a new game you can in edit town just move out move back in they will keep whatever items you have in the inventory and relantiships with each other they might loose the friendships built uparound the town though

Message 2 of 15 (19,785 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

ThanX rumbutter,

I do keep those cache files deleted.  I accidentally deleted the DCcache file one day.  I'm reluctant to save to the library because I don't want to save the glitch to the library.  Truth be told, I don't mind starting over, but both my sim parents got a degree in uni and that's what I don't want to do over.  However I have been smart enough recently to save a copy of my save onto the desktop.  So my last save is after uni, in the new house and before kids.  So I started a new game from there.  I will try turning off the CC in the launcher and tell you if that works.  I had thought of it but didn't do it.  I'm pretty sure she isn't wearing CC because I uploaded her to the Exchange (when she was working fine) and when I do that I don't have CC clothes on the sims.  I may however have hair which is why I tried that.  Interesting though that I am using the same CC I have always had and yet all of a sudden I have a problem now?!  

Will get back to you.

Message 3 of 15 (19,779 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Back to you rumbutter,

So I went into the game launcher, clicked run without custom content.  clicked play and the game crashed.  So I did something really painful, I deleted my installed content.  Went into the game, it was so buggy it was awful.  Ive deleted the game and will start again.  But any insight would be appreciated.

Message 4 of 15 (19,776 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same exact problem with my I sims. My sim is also a twin she will not sleep and will not age up to a teen although her brother did. I sent her to Smugglesworth boarding school and now her picture is not showing in the family picture. The family can speak to her on the phone but when I tried to get her back from the boarding school through a phone call and on the computer nothing happens. If anyone knows what to do please help!

Message 5 of 15 (18,706 Views)

Hero (Retired)

try this if your in the game playing  now then save the game with a save as new name  go to edit town then see if you can save  a copy of the family to the library and or edit town  move the family out then back in and or edit town switch to a new family  then back to edit town then click on your sims lot and save a cop to the library

Message 6 of 15 (18,704 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

hi there, i had the same problem and i could finally fix it, first you need to install master  controller, once you have done that  what you have to do is completely reset the sim (from the option in master controller), after that you will see that your sim can go back to sleep and that it is back into the family picture ,  it doesnt fix the aging problem ,dont try to do it again otherwise you will have to reset it one more time .The only thing you have to do after that is to go to CAS and turn the sim into a teenager,it wont stay in the loading screen.

Message 7 of 15 (18,448 Views)

Hero (Retired)

mods are not supported or endorsed by EA they are an at your own risk

Message 8 of 15 (18,446 Views)

★ Novice

Hello, I had the same problem, but with my game, this specific sim was a werewolf, and when he has those "powers" he can't age up. So, if that was the problem, you have to make him turn back to the "human form". I hope you understand what I mean because I'm not got writing in english (Brazilian ^^)  so I hope I helped you and other people with the same problem. 

~Me Standard smile

Message 9 of 15 (18,311 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

It all made sense to me just this past week.  Since the factory reset, I decided to add a few things back into my game.  I downloaded two sims I had uploaded to the exchange.  One of these sims, was part of the family when my problems started.  The next day while in CAS I found a particular dreaded cabinet in my installed content.  Turns out it was attached to three members of that family.  I also found three other corrupt content attached to my sims.  So I made "clean" sims and re uploaded them, made my apologies to my friends and advised them to check their sims.  Now just so you know, I do use progams to check for corrupt content, but somehow missed it or it didn't show up.

Message 10 of 15 (20,280 Views)