Re: My sim both is and isn't in the Gallery...?

by Cogitotoro

Original Post

My sim both is and isn't in the Gallery...?

★★★★ Novice

I created a sim, saved her, and shared her on the Gallery.

Why she seems not to be in the Gallery:

In "My Library," she doesn't show up with the little cloud symbol indicating she has been shared in the Gallery (like another sim I shared does);  when I click on her in my Library, she doesn't have a Shared date, and her comments section says "Item must be shared to enable commenting," and the little cloud for sharing is blue and hovering over it indicates it's for "Share Household with the Community," not "Delete Household from the Community."

Why she seems to be in the Gallery:

She's in the Gallery. Multiple copies. When I scroll down under "Community," I can see her there, listed as by "Me." Under "Home," it lists "You Shared a Household" for this sim 4 separate times.

Message 1 of 8 (999 Views)

Hero

Did you create her today or before ?

When you click on your username in the gallery and then go on show catalog (have German version, don't know the exact translation), does she show up multiple times there too ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (981 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi - 

I created her today.

Yes, when I click on my username in the gallery, it says "4 shared items," and 3 of them are this sim and the other is another sim I shared. I'm having the same problem with another one now, too.

Message 3 of 8 (978 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Underneath your username, there should be a button View Catalog. Is that where you clicked ? 

If so, do all three of them have a green cloud icon ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (975 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks so much for helping out with this!

Nope, none of the households under "View Catalog" has a cloud at all. Only one of them has a diskette with a check mark. One of them, which doesn't show that it has been uploaded, shows that it has been favorited and downloaded!

Message 5 of 8 (972 Views)

Hero

But when you click on those households to get a detailed view looking like this

Haushalt

You see the cloud in green in the lower left corner ? Is it green or blue for you for all of those items ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (970 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Oh, that's interesting. When i get to the household that way - through 'View Catalog' - it does have a green cloud.

But when I get to the same household through my library, only blue cloud, and no other stuff that goes along with a household having been shared.

Message 7 of 8 (967 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

You should be able to unshare them through that catalog page. Just leave one.

Does sound like a bug. Need to test later myself.

EDIT: Ok, I checked again on mine and in my Library it does show as green too BUT those are the households that are saved to your hard disc.

Did you edit your Sim at all after you had initially shared it ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (965 Views)