Re: My saves are in my save file but my game is like brand new.

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

My saves are in my save file but my game is like brand new.

★★★ Newbie

So I had updated my game and at first just my mods and cc were disabled. When I tried to fix that I basically broke my game. My save files are in the folder but my game is like new. 

Message 1 of 6 (342 Views)

@lqvebearr  Are the saves in the folder the game is reading?  Please compare the full file path to the saves folder to the one you see in-game.  For the saves folder, right-click on it and select Properties > General, then look for Location.  For the game, here's how to check:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2018/07/how-to-find-your-user-folder/

If the saves are in fact in the correct location, please undo whatever you did to make your mods and custom content work, then let me know whether the saves show up.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (312 Views)

★★ Guide
@lqvebearr I have had this issue previously, and it turned out it was because I now had multiple instances of the Sims 4 folders and my game was pointing to an empty instance. Could this be the case?
Message 3 of 6 (275 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@SimmerStar4 I deleted all my folders with empty save files and still nothing Frown

Message 4 of 6 (257 Views)

★★ Guide
@lqvebearr Are the folders with the saves being pointed to by the game correctly?
Message 5 of 6 (250 Views)

@lqvebearr  Please list the file path to the folder the game is reading, as described in the link I posted earlier.  Please also list the file path to your saves.  You can post screenshots if you like.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 6 (241 Views)