Re: My rooms are not rooms

by SheriGR

Original Post

My rooms are not rooms

★★★ Newbie

At first i thought this was just a bug and it would go away but it’s been 3 weeks and nothing has changed. when i place a closed room, it doesn’t get dark like it’s supposed to. this inside walls basically reflect the outside walls. is there anyway to change this?

Message 1 of 2 (4,731 Views)

Re: My rooms are not rooms

Champion

@ShortBusGangs 
I'm not sure I'm fully understanding the issue, so please clarify if I don't cover it in this and I will add more information:

• Sometimes people are frustrated that the floor or ceiling is not completing in a room automatically. If this happens please try re-tracing the entire room ending at the same point you began and see if the floors and walls then create themselves.
  • In your second screenshot it looks like your walls are light like outside. It does look like this if there is no ceiling on the room. Please go to the second floor/level and check if there is ceiling on this room. If the ceiling is missing you can do one of two things that should build it.
    1. Create a room above it that covers the entire area of the room below.
    2. Alternatively, you can go to the first floor and put the walls up on the room. Then click one of the walls to highlight the room itself. Next go to the floor above it and you should see that the selected room on the first floor has a yellow rim. Click on the yellow rim to 'build ceiling'.

Let us know if this solves the issue. Thanks!

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 2 (4,688 Views)