Re: My resource.cfg file turned into a notepad?? (Sims 4)

by xashaudino

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My resource.cfg file turned into a notepad?? (Sims 4)

★★★★ Novice

So, a while ago none of my cc wasn't showing up so I saw something that said check contents of resource.cfg. I did and when I finished, it turned into a notepad!! Should that affect whether or not my Mods folder works?

Message 1 of 14 (2,532 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

It seems that your game created its user folder somewhere else. Typically that would be on Onedrive so look for it there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 8 of 14 (2,445 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

You associated it to be opened with notepad. This has nothing to do with how it works.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 14 (2,522 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So my cc should still work??? That's weird because none of my cc is showing up ingame...

Message 3 of 14 (2,502 Views)

Champion (Retired)

If you downloaded it in a packed format such as :zip or .rar you need to unpack the contents to your Mods folder.

Message 4 of 14 (2,497 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Most of my files are usually .package files actually and I just tried downloading new ones in case the recycled ones weren't working. And I don't know if this would be important but I had a few downloaded cc things before and then my game got erased and nothing would show up anymore??
Message 5 of 14 (2,480 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@xashaudino  Did the game get erased or uninstalled? Did you have to reinstall the game? If yoou had to reinstall the game did you clean the old install before you did the reinstall?

Message 6 of 14 (2,475 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@roberta591 I didn’t have to reinstall the game. It really just erased all my previous progress and showed me the tutorial again, but the game was fine except now none of my cc shows up.

Message 7 of 14 (2,458 Views)

Champion (Retired)

It seems that your game created its user folder somewhere else. Typically that would be on Onedrive so look for it there.

Message 8 of 14 (2,446 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@jpkarlsen what would the user folder be called? I do have my Electronic Arts folder in OneDrive but that's only because I put it there. Other than the Electronic Arts folder the only other things in OneDrive are 'Pictures' and the getting started document.

Message 9 of 14 (2,433 Views)

Champion (Retired)

It is called Electronic Arts\The Sims 4.

Message 10 of 14 (2,423 Views)