My plants are stuck on harvest

by ninjacaity

Original Post

My plants are stuck on harvest

★★ Novice

I used to be able to put up with this glitch. My plants would occasionally get stuck in harvest, and I would take a deep breath, dispose of them, and replant. But now the game is unplayable. My fairy gardener, whose entire point is to garden (two of her traits are green thumb and gatherer, and her job is being a gardener), cannot harvest any of her plants. Every single one of them gets stuck in harvest mode, whether she's bloomed them, grown them naturally, planted fruit, planted seeds, harvested them before the glitch started, planted them after, etc. None of them can be harvested.

I have the Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Generations, High-End Loft, Ambitions, Town Life, Master Suite, Outdoor Living, Pets, Showtime, Late Night, Fast Lane, Supernatural, Sweet Treats, Diesel, Seasons, and University Life. I made the Tyrell family (the one I've been playing lately, that the glitch is mainly causing problems for) several weeks after I installed the most recent game I bought. My game updates are fully up-to-date. I do not have any custom content installed - the only things I've downloaded have been CC-free sims and lots. I have played with the Tyrell family once. I made her and played with her right away. I did not exit and reload her at all. She gardened for a while, maxed out her skill, got a job as a gardener, and even got a couple of special opportunities before the glitch happened. A couple of times, her random plants got stuck, but that was tolerable. Once she planted cheese for the first time, she bloomed it up, and it got stuck on harvest. Then she tried again, and again, it got stuck. She tried growing them without magical assistance, and they still got stuck. Then all her other plants grew to harvest, and they got stuck too. In one sitting, my game went from gardening normally, to occasionally glitching, to impossible to play. Today, I loaded the Tyrell family for the first time since the glitch happened. It was still there. I evicted her, and then moved her back in, and still it was not fixed.

I looked about on the internet and found many players who have issues with gardening. Their plants get stuck like mine, or stay in dormant forever (which has also happened to me), or have some other issues. I really think EA needs to make a patch that fixes gardening. It's really quite bad.

Sorry, I have no idea where to send this, so I'm just posting it here.

Message 1 of 3 (2,126 Views)

Re: My plants are stuck on harvest

Hero

It is a bad bug and I too don't know of any working solutions to this except using a mod. If you wanna go down that road, google Overwatch. I can't really talk about it here though, so that's all I can say Standard smile

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (2,117 Views)

Re: My plants are stuck on harvest

★★★ Novice

This is the first time this has ever happened to me. It was working fine about one week ago. But I also have issues with Island Paradise and Supernatural do not always appear on my Launcher.

Did you ever fix the issue?

Message 3 of 3 (1,190 Views)