My pet sims keep losing traits! HELP!?

by Razorwing2013

Original Post

My pet sims keep losing traits! HELP!?

★ Novice

So i had two dogs breed and the puppies inherited 2 of their parents traits and had a free slot, so i opened CAS in full edit mode and filled it. The slot stayed filled while they were puppies, but when they aged up, it emptied again. When i go into full edit mode to fix it, it fills. when i check their traits immediately after leaving CAS, its empty again. Is this a bug of some sort or is it some weird tech issue that im causing? I might add that ive never had any problems with the game or its expansions until after i used the show hidden objects cheat, but im not entirely sure that thats the cause of my problems.

Message 1 of 6 (3,076 Views)

Re: My pet sims keep losing traits! HELP!?

★ Novice

Also, i dont have any mods or custom content

Message 2 of 6 (3,071 Views)

Hero

Hi @Razorwing2013

fulleditmode has some known issues with traits.

Use traits.remove_trait and traits.equip_trait instead.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (3,064 Views)

★ Novice

Can that cheat be used on pets?

Message 4 of 6 (3,055 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I haven't tried tbh, but worst case scenario is that it doesn't work, so give it a try ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (3,052 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@Razorwing2013

It might work if you have playable pets or some mod, but as you cannot "activate" the pets, that cheat will not work.

What you can do is this (the pet needs a last name, fix that is CAS):

sims.get_sim_id_by_name {PlayedPetFirstName} {PlayedPetLastName}Get the Pet’s ID. You need this ID to enter the cheat code below.
traits.equip_trait [traitname] {Pet ID}Adds the trait [traitname] to pet

not 100 % it works ´, but like, 90% Standard smile

Message 6 of 6 (3,035 Views)