Re: My pet cat in Sims 4 lost her 3rd trait

by ToxicCandyCloud

Original Post

My pet cat in Sims 4 lost her 3rd trait

★ Novice

So one day I was playing my household and my cat lost her 3rd trait and CAS will not re-add it. After I select it and hit the check box, the game goes back to the household and the trait still isn’t there! Please help!

Message 1 of 8 (1,565 Views)

Hero

Hi @DukeNukemANI07

Are you using any mods/cc in your game ? Did you do any specific interaction when the pet lost the trait ? Do you choose the same trait as before ? If so, have you tried changing it to a different one and see if it shows up (just for testing)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (1,507 Views)

★ Novice
I am not currently using any mods, though I plan to once this is fixed. I am not sure when the trait vanished, so I may have done an interaction or maybe not. I have tried to pick the same trait while editing her in CAS, but the minute I exit CAS the trait disappears again.
Message 3 of 8 (1,407 Views)

Hero
Could you try picking a different one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (1,400 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

What was the specific trait that dissappeared? I do pet challenges and i've noticed that when I breed if one of the parents have the "Smart" trait the puppies tend to be born with only 2 traits and I cannot give them a 3rd trait (even in CAS) as it dissappears as soon as I enter live mode again.

I'm not sure if the "Smart" trait is the reason but I might try and recreate the bug later to see if there's anything else in common which could be causing it.

Message 5 of 8 (1,357 Views)

Hero
See my answer here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Pet-sometimes-lose-their-trait-in-certain-scenarios/m-...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (1,337 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have found a FIX!!

so if you ever run into it, age the cat down to kitten, set the 3 traits in CAS, then age it back to adult, it will now have all 3 traits, and still keep the paint, and stuff, you will have to add any clothing back probably, but yup! fixed!

Message 7 of 8 (771 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @fgsyum3md9e8,

Please keep an eye on the dates in a thread when posting.

This thread is also quite old and is being locked here to avoid further necroposting, thanks! 

Mako.png
Message 8 of 8 (735 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help