Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: My pet cat in Sims 4 lost her 3rd trait

by DukeNukemANI07

Original Post

My pet cat in Sims 4 lost her 3rd trait

★★★★ Novice

So one day I was playing my household and my cat lost her 3rd trait and CAS will not re-add it. After I select it and hit the check box, the game goes back to the household and the trait still isn’t there! Please help!

Message 1 of 6 (249 Views)

Hero

Hi @DukeNukemANI07

Are you using any mods/cc in your game ? Did you do any specific interaction when the pet lost the trait ? Do you choose the same trait as before ? If so, have you tried changing it to a different one and see if it shows up (just for testing)

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (211 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice
I am not currently using any mods, though I plan to once this is fixed. I am not sure when the trait vanished, so I may have done an interaction or maybe not. I have tried to pick the same trait while editing her in CAS, but the minute I exit CAS the trait disappears again.
Message 3 of 6 (111 Views)

Hero
Could you try picking a different one ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (104 Views)

★★★★ Novice

What was the specific trait that dissappeared? I do pet challenges and i've noticed that when I breed if one of the parents have the "Smart" trait the puppies tend to be born with only 2 traits and I cannot give them a 3rd trait (even in CAS) as it dissappears as soon as I enter live mode again.

I'm not sure if the "Smart" trait is the reason but I might try and recreate the bug later to see if there's anything else in common which could be causing it.

Message 5 of 6 (61 Views)

Hero
See my answer here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Pet-sometimes-lose-their-trait-in-certain-scenarios/m-...

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (41 Views)
sims-four-characters

The Sims 4 Patch Notes

Check out the latest updates and bug fixes

View more on EA Help
white-sims-bg

Restore a previous saved game

Choose from an automatically stored save point in The Sims 4 if your data's corrupted or you want to revert anyway.

View more on EA Help

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help