My parenthood info bubbles are empty?

by Geanitha_K

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My parenthood info bubbles are empty?

★★ Novice

Hi, i recently installed the Parenthood expansion and all the info bubbles are empty, now i cant interact with the children properly etc, all of the info bubbles and interactions that came with parenthood are empty, no texts so i cant see what i am choosing, HOW do i fix this? PLEASE HELP

Message 1 of 12 (421 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My parenthood info bubbles are empty?

Champion (Retired)

@Geanitha_K

Yes it's correct, good work! Standard smile
Well your computer is not the best, but it's enough to run the game on low settings, so that shouldn't really cause these kinds of problems.
If you want to make sure your computer works the best it can, you could try updating your graphics card drivers (update intel graphics) and freeing some space out on your hard drive. You have 50 GB free space but that's not a lot for a hard drive that has both OS (Windows) and other programs and files. As you don't have that much space, make sure to always uninstall programs you're not using, and store your files like photos/movies/documents on the cloud or an external hard drive.

But as I said, I really don't see that causing these kinds of problems when you meet minimum requirements.

Have you tried clearing Origin cache? I don't think it's an Origin problem, but my next tip is to reinstall the game (backup your saves) and then maybe you could as well reinstall origin too, can't hurt.

- One thing, try starting a new save game to see if the save is corrupted!

View in thread

Message 9 of 12 (444 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Hi @Geanitha_K

Try repairing your game in Origin!

Do you have any mods in your game?

Message 2 of 12 (410 Views)

★★ Novice
Thank you for the reply, i have repaired the game multiple times through origin, still does not want to budge, nothing changes and no its all standard
Message 3 of 12 (405 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Geanitha_K

Hm, try doing a factory reset and see if it helps!
You don't loose anything (make backups) and you don't need to reinstall the game this way but it solves many problems Standard smile

https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/

Message 4 of 12 (402 Views)

★★ Novice

I just tried that, did not work ... :-( any other suggestions?

Message 5 of 12 (397 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Geanitha_K

This is so strange. I've tried reading all the posts with other people who had problem with the parenthood pack and they generally seem mod related. But you don't have any mods or cc at all?

Can't really think that this would be a computer issue, but please post a DxDiag anyway and we'll see:
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 6 of 12 (388 Views)

★★ Novice
okay thank you so much and no , everything is completely standard
Message 7 of 12 (386 Views)

★★ Novice

I hope i did everything correctly, i am really dumb with these type of things, thanks so much for all the help

Message 8 of 12 (380 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Geanitha_K

Yes it's correct, good work! Standard smile
Well your computer is not the best, but it's enough to run the game on low settings, so that shouldn't really cause these kinds of problems.
If you want to make sure your computer works the best it can, you could try updating your graphics card drivers (update intel graphics) and freeing some space out on your hard drive. You have 50 GB free space but that's not a lot for a hard drive that has both OS (Windows) and other programs and files. As you don't have that much space, make sure to always uninstall programs you're not using, and store your files like photos/movies/documents on the cloud or an external hard drive.

But as I said, I really don't see that causing these kinds of problems when you meet minimum requirements.

Have you tried clearing Origin cache? I don't think it's an Origin problem, but my next tip is to reinstall the game (backup your saves) and then maybe you could as well reinstall origin too, can't hurt.

- One thing, try starting a new save game to see if the save is corrupted!

Message 9 of 12 (445 Views)

★★ Novice
okay will do, thank you so much again!
Message 10 of 12 (373 Views)