Re: My mods folder is broken.

by kreatora

Original Post

My mods folder is broken.

★★★ Newbie

So for a few days now I have been unable to get my mods folder to work. The resource.cfg file is there. I've tried reinstalling my game and repairing it. I have tried using 3 separate cc I know to work. There are no extra mods folders on the entire computer, not even a different drive, and everything is in the correct order. The allow custom content buttons have been clicked and everything is in .package file. At this point I believe it's my game, and honestly I have no clue what to do. Crin, give me your expert advice, or anyone else who has any. Thanks.

Message 1 of 4 (3,557 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@boo1boo7

It isn't your mods folder broken, but half all your mods are broken and a lot of CC after the latest patches. It doesn't work anymore and isn't compatible with the game.

Move the mods folder to the desktop.

Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder - important!

Fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library -right click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.

Don't forget to turn on in the game options "turn on mods"

Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder. 

Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods every time checking if it works. Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method

There are a new version of mods already

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 4 (3,545 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried all of that, step by step and it still doesn't work :/ I even downloaded a cc top posted about a month ago via thesimsupply to see if maybe it's just been my cc the whole time, still didn't work. I appreciate you trying to help, any other options/advice? Should I reach out to EA customer support?

Message 3 of 4 (3,529 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@boo1boo7

The game doesn't want to read your mods folder. You can try to reset these options by enabling and disabling this option in the game settings. Try it a few times. After each switch, start the game.

You can also reset the entire game folder to factory settings and this can force the game to read this folder.
How to do a factory reset is described in this link:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199
Have a look here too
https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2018/11/mods-custom-content-doesnt-show-up/

Message 4 of 4 (3,518 Views)