Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: My mermaid sim will not turn into a mermaid when in water

by DonroaAkashu

Original Post

My mermaid sim will not turn into a mermaid when in water

★★ Newbie

When I put my mermaid into the water she would not turn into a mermaid.

Message 1 of 2 (360 Views)
Highlighted

Re: My mermaid sim will not turn into a mermaid when in water

★★★ Guide

@SamsGals99  I think the mermaids need to be at least teenager and up for the tails to show in water; and if they have been dehydrated for too long they are turned to human sims. If none of this applies to your sim: remove any third party CC making sure it is really gone; then delete the caches in Sims 3 Folder, found in Documents>Electronic Arts. They are called:

CASPartCache.package
compositorCache.package
scriptCache.package
simCompositorCache.package
socialCache.package 

This is good to do after every play session, and every time you have a problem; they will create anew each time you start the game.

Other things to try:

Bring up the command field by pressing Ctrl+Shift+C at the same time; write: resetsim [your sim's first name and last name], press Enter.

Take your sim to a mirror and Change Appearance: scale colour; then put them in water to see if the tail is showing.

If you have the Supernatural EP: reset their occult state by giving them a Potent Cure Elixir (Alchemy Skill) curing them from their occult life state; and afterwards feed them Mermadic Kelp, turning them into a mermaid again. To delete the cashes in between is a good idea.

Mermadic Kelp you can get from befriending another mermaid and asking about fish parts, under water I think; or by buying the Mermadic Kelp LTR for 25 000 points.

Message 2 of 2 (344 Views)
Twitter Stream
sims-four-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help