My lot has disappeared, and has glitched the game!

by MlSTER_HYDE

Original Post

My lot has disappeared, and has glitched the game!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

(august 19th 2020)

so recently, maybe about a week ago now, i made a lot in the strangerville world. i made the the whole house myself, using no custom content furniture (i use custom content, but only clothing and hair. not furniture) and it took upwards of 8 hours to make. i did use the "move objects" cheat just to position things close together. it seemed all fine and dandy for the whole first few days i played it. then i went a few nights without playing sims at all, and upon coming back to it today, the lot i had created is gone, and my sim, while not shown as "not in world", he doesnt have a household to go back to. i forgot to save the lot to my gallery, mainly because i dont usually make my own lots, and it was a pretty stupid mistake looking back. but this means i dont have the plot to replace, or else i wouldnt be this sad. ive seen a lot of posts from years ago saying to try renaming the lot to try to get it back, didnt work. i made sure i didnt save anything when realizing the house was gone. i tried to load saves, but upon opening them, the lot was still missing. one post on here explained moving the sims 4 file out of the documents file, and copying everything over, and while everything copied over fine, so did this glitch. 

so now is the real issue. i cannot edit this lot. upon entering build mode from the startup map, it just shows and empty lot, with some of the tools at the top right missing, including the wall visibility toggle, and the button directly to the left of it. i cannot exit build mode from this scene, and cannot open up the gallery, and cannot open up the options. the only way i can exit the game at this point is by minimizing the game, and opening the task manager to force quit. i cant even right click close window like i usually can. i cant place a new house onto this lot either, even though it shows it as an empty lot again, with the original name. i havent been able to find any recent help particular to this exact issue, so i finally gathered myself up and am attempting to make my first question post. thank you to anyone for help, i really worked so hard on this lot, and while incredibly dumb for me not to save it, which is something i will be changing up from here on out, i was so far into the strangerville game, and would love to get my hard work back. thank you!

Message 1 of 4 (259 Views)

Re: My lot has disappeared, and has glitched the game!

★★★★ Expert

@MlSTER_HYDE  Hello, I found this reported issue, that seem to have affected a lot of players:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Houses-Lots-disappear/td-p/4620279

If it matches your issue, please click Me Too on the first post, and describe your issue in the thread.

The Sims Team have asked for saves, to try to look into the issue, so if you want to do that here is that request. In it is a description on how to send saves:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Houses-Lots-disappear/m-p/7678908#M99594

Message 2 of 4 (235 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This was one of the posts I had found with solutions before writing my question, but none of them helped. My issue is that I can’t even build a new lot onto the empty space, and when I enter build mode it will freeze basically and the only thing I can do is zoom in and out and turn the camera. I can’t even open the options menu. I have to force quit on the whole game with task manager. The renaming doesn’t help, and I never saved after finding out the house was gone.  I am not sure how to clear the lot of it’s glitch!

Message 3 of 4 (220 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@MlSTER_HYDE  If the bug report matches your issue, you need to post in that thread, instead of in the Technical Section (where you post now). This is to keep all reports of the same issue in one place, for The Sims Team to know of them. You can post in the thread, tagging the EA account asking for saves, and ask if they want your saves anyway. Also read the thread and answer any questions asked in it.

The suggestions of what to do in the thread are not solutions; but troubleshooting and workarounds. The tag/title for the bug report is: OPEN, which means that is is counted as a bug in the game. Here you can read about the tags/titles:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/3445255/highlight/tru...

Message 4 of 4 (201 Views)