Re: My lifetime wish is reset

by Trisha998

Original Post

My lifetime wish is reset

★★★★ Novice

My adult sim has been working in the investigator career since she was a young adult, her lifetime wish is to complete 35 cases, when I last checked, she had about 23 done and then one day I entered my game and saw that the cases have been reset. She is a level 10 in the investigator career now and has finished lots of cases so why did it reset?

Message 1 of 4 (2,585 Views)

@Trisha998  Did your sim travel at any point?  Did you switch households and come back?  Did you evict your sim in Edit Town at any point?  To be honest, I've never had a LTW count reset like that, but I've heard that travel, especially to the future, can cause this issue.  And not all data survives switching households, although I haven't tested this either.

If you're desperate, there's a mod that allows you to change the LTW tally, but I don't know whether you're interested.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (2,562 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict what's the name of the mod? And no my sim hasn't travelled anywhere so that's weird
Message 3 of 4 (2,553 Views)

@Trisha998  Your sim's lifetime wish tally could also be reset if you played another household within the same save, as in, you went to Edit Town, clicked on another house, made that the active one and played it for a while, then went back to the private investigator.  The game doesn't seem to keep track of these numbers properly, or at least not all the numbers, and not all the time.

The mod to reset the tally is called NRaas MasterController.  You would need the base mod, plus the add-on Cheats module.  The way to change the number is to click on the sim and select NRaas > MasterController > Advanced > Lifetime Wish: Change tally, then enter the number you want.

While you're at it, you may want to use MC to reset the town.  This helps prevent save corruption and is good practice in general; many players run the reset every few sim-weeks.  To do it, click on City Hall and select NRaas > MasterController > Town Options > Reset Everything.  This will reset your active sim as well, and restart their dream manager, unless you exempt your active household from the reset (City Hall: NRaas > MC > Settings > Include Active Lit in Reset Everything > False).

If you're not sure how to install mods, here's a useful guide:

http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Setup_and_Files

Be sure to delete the five cache files in your TS3 game folder in Documents\EA any time you add (or remove) a mod from your game folder.  They should be deleted regularly anyway, whether you're having issues with your game or not.  For reference, the files are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package
——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (2,533 Views)