Re: My legacy edition doesnt work

by aaabcd1234

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My legacy edition doesnt work

★★ Novice

I've got 32bit PC I've got the legacy edition of the sims four when the first stupid update these baboons did my legacy edition broken ,tried to uninstall reinstall verify the files repair update ,but the legacy edition doesn't work it keeps coming up with legacy edition not working don't know what to do so fed up with ea 

Message 1 of 28 (854 Views)

Accepted Solution

@98019801980199  You can try installing, or reinstalling, Windows 7 Service Pack 2, just to make sure all the required files are present.  SP2 32-bit is the first link here:

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/search.aspx?q=kb3125574

If this doesn't work, the only other thing I can think of suggesting is installing Windows 10.  Your hardware supports it, and you should still be able to upgrade for free.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 26 of 28 (615 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Any ideas what I can do have tried to get in contact with these baboons at ea they haven't replied bk don't know what to do 

Message 2 of 28 (851 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@aaabcd1234 

The legacy edition do not receive any updates so that there have been updates of the standard game doesn't influence the Legacy edition at all.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 28 (810 Views)

★★ Novice

So if the legacy edition doesn't have any updates any idea why my legacy edition broke as soon as the October update came out it was before that working OK ,I'm not a computer person so I've tried to fix it but it goes beyond me now .thanks

Message 4 of 28 (799 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@aaabcd1234 

What error messages do you get? Please be specific.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 28 (796 Views)

★★ Novice

When I press the orange play button to start the game off a white error message comes from Microsoft with the sim four legacy edition has stopped working ,doesn't matter how many times I try to play the game the same error message comes up .

Message 6 of 28 (786 Views)

★★ Novice

My game still doesn't work on legacy edition been told legacy edition doesn't get update but the Oct updates updated my game now the game is totally broken 

Message 7 of 28 (754 Views)

★★ Novice

Origin had no right to update my game now the whole game is broken tried everything .

Message 8 of 28 (753 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

OK, i have the exact same error, now what have I tried:

1. Ran repair tool

2. Deleted user config (folder in documents)

3. Updated display driver

4. Updated windows

5. Reinstalled the game

And nothing helped, i think update broke the game

My config:

GPU: Nvidia GT 730

Message 9 of 28 (716 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@aaabcd1234 

Please post a DxDiag. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the txt file directly to your answer.

Message 10 of 28 (700 Views)