Re: My legacy edition doesnt work

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

★★ Novice

Well ea are a disgusting company to deal with my sims four legacy edition was broken by origin now my game is unfixable spoken to six customer service team all useless and no help my game was working fine till the October update then the update updates my legacy edition and it breaks my game approximately none of the ea staff can fix it or give my money back telling me useless and pathetic questions over and over thinking I'm a PC guru so my case is ongoing my game is totally broken all thanks to the bozos at ea I've deinstalled reinstall repaired nothing ..pathetic and useless company 

Message 11 of 28 (499 Views)

★★ Novice

My game is totally broken now been throu six ea customer service people all useless I've deinstalled re repaired nothing the Oct update broke my legacy edition and there won't give my money back its origin fault all the money wasted scammers its disgusting the way they treat there customers disgusting company 

Message 12 of 28 (498 Views)

★★★ Novice

Here is dxdiag, hope it gets fixed soon

Message 13 of 28 (451 Views)

Hero
@98019801980199 You def need the legacy edition. What issue do you have exactly ? Same as OP or something different ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 28 (426 Views)

★★★ Novice

yes, here is what I've done and what is the result.

origin library -> sims 4 legacy edition -> play 

the result is the dialog - the program has stopped working 

Message 15 of 28 (386 Views)
Highlighted

@98019801980199  Please look for related errors in the Reliability Monitor.  Hit Windows key-R and enter "perfmon /rel" without quotes.  You'll see a list of errors and updates, with a column for each day.  (Today is all the way on the right.)

For any errors that mention Origin or Sims 4, or any that happened when you tried to open the game, click "View technical details," then copy the information and paste it into a reply here.  Sometimes the Reliability Monitor doesn't update right away, so if you don't see any related errors, be sure to check back an hour or two.  The timestamp on the initial chart can also be off by up to an hour, so that's not an entirely reliable metric, but the one within the technical details should be accurate.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 16 of 28 (358 Views)

★★★ Novice
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application name: TS4.exe
  Application Version: 1.76.81.1520
  Application timestamp: 606dfeaa
  Error module name: ntdll.dll
  Module version with error: 6.1.7601.24545
  Timestamp of the module with error: 5e0eb7a5
  Exception code: c0000005
  Exception offset: 00031d3a
  OS version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID: 1045
  Additional information 1: 0a9e
  Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3: 0a9e
  Additional information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Message 17 of 28 (334 Views)

@98019801980199  I'm sorry to say it, but I don't know how to fix this error, and I haven't seen anyone else fix it either.  This error has shown up for quite a few people running the Legacy Edition since last November, and all the usual troubleshooting steps have done nothing, so I don't really know what to suggest.  I can list a few things to try if you'd like, but I don't want to get your hopes up.

Message 18 of 28 (322 Views)

★★★ Novice

thank you for trying to figure this out. I will be happy to get some options you mentioned. right now i will try to fix this error by reinstalling origin (I've seen post related to this issue and it could help)

Message 19 of 28 (314 Views)

@98019801980199  Doing a clean uninstall and reinstall of Origin and Sims 4 would be my first suggestion, and if you want to be as thorough as possible, use Revo:

Start by uninstalling Sims 4:

• Put aside your Sims 4 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts and rename it to something that doesn't include the words "Sims 4."
  • Download Revo Uninstaller (the free version is fine) from here.
  • Launch Revo, select Sims 4 from the list, and click Uninstall.
  • Once the game is uninstalled, select "Moderate" under "scanning modes," and click Scan.
  • Review the list, in case there's something you want to save; otherwise, click Select All, and then Delete.
  • Close Revo, and restart your computer.

Next, uninstall Origin:

• First, clear Origin's cache.
  • Quit Origin, then right-click on the Task Bar and open the Task Manager.  Scroll through looking for Origin entries.  If you find any, click on them and End Task.
  • Launch Revo again and uninstall Origin, and when it's uninstalled, select "Moderate" again and Scan.
  • If Revo finds any remaining registry entries, select all, delete, and click Next.
  • Revo will display "Remaining Data and Folders.  Select all of them except for the "Origin Games" folder, if it appears.  (This is where other Origin games are installed by default.)  Delete the rest.
  • Close Revo, and restart your computer.

Next, download the full Origin installer and run it.  Here's the direct download link:

http://download.dm.origin.com/origin/live/OriginSetup.exe

Be sure to run both the installer and Origin itself as an admin: right-click on each and select "Run as Administrator."  When it's reinstalled, download Sims 4; you can just download the base game, to save time, if you want.

I'd also try playing in a new admin Windows account, since it's a simple step and does address certain other issues.  And let me know what antivirus you use, in case it's a known problem.

Message 20 of 28 (309 Views)