Re: My laptop exceeds requirements but won’t run the sims 4 and all add ons

by kreatora

Original Post

My laptop exceeds requirements but won’t run the sims 4 and all add ons

★★ Novice

I know nothing at all about computers and specifications and such so I just bought a laptop that was highly recommended to me and I was told it would run the game like a dream, even with all expansion, game and stuff packs. But it doesn’t. The game lags and it does this weird crash thing to where I have to force quit it. I just got the laptop yesterday, purchased brand new. It is the ASUS ROG STRIX GL503VD-DB71. “Can you run it” even says I should have a great experience running the game. So why is it not running? Loading internet sites and such is a pain as well. Everything loads slow! Here are my laptop specs:

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-Strix-GL503VD-DB71.270860.0.html

Message 1 of 4 (322 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Please post a dxDiag. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the txt file directly to your answer. This will tell us more about the laptop.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 4 (308 Views)

★★ Novice

I did this while uninstalling Sims 4. Don't know if that changes things.

Message 3 of 4 (298 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Drewbear18
You have two graphics cards in your laptop, One very week - Intel card and good one - Invidia card.
The Sims game has a tendency to choose this weak card. Make sure it can only choose the better one.
If you can not turn it off personally, ask for help in the store where you bought the computer.

Message 4 of 4 (280 Views)