by SheriGR

Original Post

My house appears bright as if a wall is missing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion besides Island Living, Vintage Glamour, My First Pet, and Parenthood
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to any lot I guess
What happens when the bug occurs? The houses seem fully lit up as if it was missing a wall somewhere but I've checked MULTIPLE times and I see NO wall missing and it's aggravating. I moved into a pre-made Maxis household and it's still doing it.
What do you expect to see? The house lights being the only source of lights along with the windows
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I haven't touched any of the walls beside the furnishings and that's all 

Message 1 of 13 (1,652 Views)

Re: My house appears bright as if a wall is missing

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Lunatic_Talking  I would first like to check if there is compatibility issue with your Mods/CC. 

Please try the following:

• Exit your game then exit Origin. Please copy the Mods folder from your 'The Sims 4' folder onto your desktop (for future reference) then delete the mods folder and the localthumbnailcache.package file in your 'The Sims 4' folder and restart the game and so that the game will re-create the folder.
  • Then run a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ]. Make sure to let it run until it has completed all repairs (it will do the base-game first, then run through each of your expansions/packs). After that, please see if the issue has stopped.
    (If It fixes the situation you can re-add your mods/cc one at a time to see if one was conflicting with the function/causing the glitch - but do not re-add the old config file from the old mods folder, as it is possible for it to have become corrupted also.)

Please let us know if this fixes the issue. If it turns out that you identify a Mod(s) or CC(s) that is causing a conflict would you mind letting us know by posting the name of the Mod here for others' reference? If the above does not fix the issue please let us know so we can look further into it. Thank you!

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 13 (1,640 Views)

★★★ Novice

before I do any of what u recommended, this actually happened before AND after the update. When I saw the update I got calm and basically relied on the update to fix this bug but it didn't Frown

Message 3 of 13 (1,623 Views)

Champion

@Lunatic_Talking If you would please try the repair in the manner mentioned and following all steps I think this is important for us to eliminate possibilities. It also provided a way for you to run a repair and remove cache. Keep that Mods folder that you copy onto your desktop also.

Can you also provide a list of some pf the in-game town/house combinations that you saw this in? I just went through and checked houses in 3 towns in my game and do not see the issue, but would like to look at the exact same ones also, if possible. Thank you!

Message 4 of 13 (1,612 Views)

★★★ Novice
@SheriGR yeah this didn't work and also the whole glitch happened before and after the update that happened today so :/
Message 5 of 13 (1,611 Views)

★★★ Novice
@SheriGR I was in the Laandgrabs's household in Oasis Springs and currently in the Kim-Lewis-Something lot in Willow Creek
Message 6 of 13 (1,609 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Lunatic_Talking  Can I have you please check in your settings to see if you re-enabled your Mods after past updates, plus can you try changing your graphics to the highest settings to see if this changes anything?

Message 7 of 13 (1,605 Views)

★★★ Novice
@SheriGR it took me quite a while to even get the first ss on the first post and idk why but i can assure u, my mods ARE enabled and my Graphics setting going from top left to down left to top right, bottom left are all customed cuz my PC isn't suitable for games so it took a while for my PC to get used to Sims, the options go high, high, very high, high, high, high, high, and the three options checked on the last options
Message 8 of 13 (1,590 Views)

@Lunatic_Talking 

It looks like you've deleted a section of wall upstairs as I can see you've been modifying the house, I reproduced your issue here:

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 9 of 13 (1,575 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@BluebellfloraThank you for testing!