My game

by kassicher

Original Post

My game

★★★ Newbie

My Sims 4 game keeps crashing. It will open up to the point where i click on the house i'm playing and then crash. I already deleted all of the mods, updated the game, and repaired it in origin. I left it alone for a day and came back hoping it would get better but it didn't 

Message 1 of 4 (251 Views)

Re: My game

@kassicher  Please move your entire Sims 4 user data folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to this folder yet; just see whether you can start a new save and play for a bit.  Let me know either way.

If the game crashes again, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (240 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It let me play this time. Nothing crashed 

Message 3 of 4 (204 Views)

@kassicher  Okay, then you can start moving or copying your existing content to the new Sims 4 user data folder.  It's best to copy and paste, not drag and drop, your saves (at the very least), so you have backups if you need them later.  Move the content in batches, testing each time to make sure the game still works.  If it crashes again, you'll know that something you just moved is the problem, and you can split the batch and test again until you find out what.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (168 Views)