My game won't start??

by mariaanasanchez

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My game won't start??

★★ Novice

Hello! I was really looking forward to playing my sims 4 game this one day. I started the game, I pressed a household to play it and it started loading... but it never finished loading? I recently got a computer for Christmas and I redownloaded my sims on it (i also collected all my progress on a USB and transferred it). But it still didn't work! I cleaned out my whole sims 4 folder, i restarted the game a BUNCH of times. I probably did everything you could do to fix the game. Anyone know how to fix this?

Message 1 of 9 (545 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My game won't start??

Champion (Retired)

Do you have any Mods or CC? If so try removing them and test the game.

Also Post a DxDiag.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 3 of 9 (662 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@mariaanasanchez

Does it work if you choose another household or start a new save, please try for testing purposes Standard smile

Message 2 of 9 (532 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Do you have any Mods or CC? If so try removing them and test the game.

Also Post a DxDiag.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 9 (663 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Looks like your new computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements. Had the same issue in the past. 

You can use "Can you run it" to check that: https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

Just type The Sims 4 on the "search for a game" box and click the "Can you run it" button, download the file and run it. You will get full report of the minimum requirements and if the new computer meets them. 

Message 4 of 9 (502 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@jpkarlsenThanks so much! it works now but I still would like to use CC... Do you have a way to tell which CC is interfering with my game?

Message 5 of 9 (478 Views)

CANCEROUS CC?

★★ Novice

Hey! I recently fixed my game by removing all my CC as recommended. But the second problem is that I would still like to use CC and I don't know which files were interfering with my game, anyone have a reliable way that I can find them?

Message 6 of 9 (474 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@mariaanasanchez

You can test it by adding a little at a time. Test if the game still works. Continue until you have found all that are broken. 

The Sims 4 studio (Google it) has batch fixes for much of the broken CC.

Message 7 of 9 (463 Views)

Re: CANCEROUS CC?

Champion (Retired)
Already answered in original thread.
Message 8 of 9 (454 Views)

Re: CANCEROUS CC?

@jpkarlsen & @mariaanasanchez merged the posts

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 9 of 9 (449 Views)