by sarahnorthway

Original Post

Highlighted

My game won't load, character last seen stuck in T pose

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Pets, City, Work, Jungle, Vampires, Dine Out, Outdoor
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just installed game, made new world, made single character living alone in the city. Adopted a cat, neighbors came to welcome and chat. Sat on couch to watch TV. I've been playing for under 10 minutes. Chose "Cloudgaze" from self-menu.
What happens when the bug occurs? Time appeared to freeze, with character and cat both staying where they were doing idle animations. I told character to stop watching TV and they just sat there. I told them to "Go Jogging" and dialed the speed to max. They lept up into a T-pose and stayed there unresponsive. I quit to main menu, loaded world again, loaded character again. Loading animation spun forever, apartment never loaded. I guess I have to start a new game? Wow. This is garbage.
What do you expect to see? I don't know what Cloudgaze does, but it shouldn't put the character into a frozen T pose and nuke the savegame 10 minutes after a fresh install and new game and no mods.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Here is a lovely screenshot of my character in a T-pose, the last thing I saw before my savegame I guess got destroyed.

Screenshot 2019-06-14 22.39.57.png

Message 1 of 6 (612 Views)

Re: My game won't load, character last seen stuck in T pose

Hero

Hi @sarahnorthway 

moving your post to tech for troubleshooting

Could you try if you can load a different family ?

If that doesn't help, try loading one of the automatic backups: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/save-games/#wiederherstellen

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (584 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes I was able to start a new family in another part of town. On searching I had heard that I might go to my t-posed characters' home with a different family and somehow fix it that way...

But I hadn't been playing for long. So instead I exported my character via the world screen, deleted my entire documents/ea/sims4 folder, started a new world, and imported them. I haven't tried to recreate the bug. What's the point if EA isn't going to bother to fix it? Doesn't sound like it is a new bug.

Thank you for your response. Thank goodness the Sims 4 has a good community... Seems like the devs only care about selling dlc.

Message 3 of 6 (570 Views)

Hero
@sarahnorthway Would be good if you could try again if you can repro. Unless it happens on a regular basis and to lots of people, it will be hard for the devs to find the issue and fix it.

it could just have been some fluke that happend in a very special constallation.

I haven't really heard of something similar. They T-Pose, it happens, has lots of reasons and very hard to replicate. Do you have a lastexcpetion file generated by the game that could give an indication on what happened ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (560 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Okay I have been trying to repro in the new game. I haven't seen the T-pose again yet but immediately ran into other (related?) bugs.

In the middle of the neighbor meet and greet, my character decided to go outside to shovel snow (in the middle of a city, while she has visitors... typical Sims). So she walks out of the 3rd story apartment (one with the gremlin in the spice area, same as t-pose game), past the elevator, down the hall, THROUGH A WALL, into a neighboring apartment empty of furnishings, OUT THE WINDOW then walks along a ledge on the edge of the building 3 stories up until she hits an invisible wall and walks in place. I told her to come back, and she did, saying she'd just had a nice time outside.

Other times the camera has trouble following her. She keeps going out to make snow angels in the alley between her building and next, but when I double click her portrait to find where she has gone, the camera takes me to that empty apartment next door (she's actually 3 stories down and outside, for once).

My guess is all 3 problems have to do with the elevator. If the height change doesn't take they end up walking along 3rd story ledges. Or maybe they make it downstairs but the camera still thinks they're on the 3rd floor. And maybe sometimes trying to route-find through that elevator breaks the game so hard they go to the T-pose.

They did say that empty apartment next door was haunted... maybe the elevator's haunted too. Also making a character who loves the outdoors and lives in the city... bad idea!

Message 5 of 6 (550 Views)

Hero
@sarahnorthway Do you see her actually walking on the ledge or is this the camera movement n ? Did you take a picture ?

Sounds funny.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (537 Views)