My game won't launch

by KMC1378

Original Post

My game won't launch

★★★ Novice

Hi,

Yesterday I tried to start my Sims 4 game and I received the following error message:

Unable to start: Can't run The Sims 4 with the video card in this system. Please check that the video card meets the minimum specifications and that the latest video drivers are installed.

I have been playing the game on this laptop without a problem for 6 months so I know the video card does meet the minimum specifications. I checked for driver updates and there was one which was released on 24 February so I have updated the driver and the game still won't start. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled my game but I still receive the same error message.

Can anyone help??

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4 (191 Views)

Re: My game won't launch

Hero

Please try closing Origin and reopen it to see if you are prompted a new update.

If it still doesn't work, please post here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/INFO-REQUEST-Can-t-run-with-the-Video-Card-in-this-System/td-p/4...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (179 Views)

★★★ Newbie

me too! I read about it. my computer is a 2007 and is too old to play the game!! ugh

@KMC1378 wrote:

Hi,

Yesterday I tried to start my Sims 4 game and I received the following error message:

Unable to start: Can't run The Sims 4 with the video card in this system. Please check that the video card meets the minimum specifications and that the latest video drivers are installed.

I have been playing the game on this laptop without a problem for 6 months so I know the video card does meet the minimum specifications. I checked for driver updates and there was one which was released on 24 February so I have updated the driver and the game still won't start. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled my game but I still receive the same error message.

Can anyone help??

Thanks.

Message 3 of 4 (166 Views)

Hero

Maybe it's time for something new and shiny ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (144 Views)