My game starts to load then won't

by Splommy

Original Post

My game starts to load then won't

★ Novice

I go to open my sims, it starts to load like normal. I get the Sims 4 logo animation and after that, my game minimizes in a weird way. It looks like if you were to take the 3 buttons at the top right corner of your internet browser and crop off everything else so that is all you see, but it's in the middle of my screen. I can click the button to maximize my screen, and when I do that it just shows the Sims 4 page, all white, in windowed mode. After that it won't load or do anything it just stays on that page. I can't even close it after that point I have to turn off my computer to close it. Please someone help me with this I have tried looking at other forum posts, tutorial videos and such and haven't found anyone else with this issue. The last thing I remember doing before closing my game last was changing it to windowed mode and then saving and exiting. I usually play in full screen but this time I played in windowed. Most forum posts I've seen say that playing in windowed mode is actually better and will give you a better faster experience of the game, yet somehow it crashes when I do it. Can someone please help me?

Message 1 of 9 (419 Views)

Re: My game starts to load then won't

★★ Novice
This happened to me to in a way. It had been working and I did the same things as before but then when I went to play it it showed up a loading icon for approximately 3 seconds and just stopped loading even worse I tried to go into origin and it wouldn't let me go online because it said to close all of my current games and I only have 1 game the sims 4 and it's not working so I know for sure it's not on. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the cats and dogs expansion pack because I had gone into create a sim to see what I could do with my dog and it glitched out and went full screen and strected out the screen and it happened twice everytime I went there and when it happened I couldn't do anything so I had to shut off my computer and find a way to get off of it which was hard now my game won't even open and I've looked at most of the whole page of things to do to help with this and most of them required origin or didn't work for me. Please help me I can't do anything on my game and I spent a lot of time and money on this and I don't want it to be a waste. I hope you fix this problem because I know I'm not the only one I've been on different sights too and people say they have the same problem.
Message 2 of 9 (402 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@savveyroe@Splommy

Hi!
Are you using any mods or cc in your game?

Try to remove them and see if the game works better.
For example, move the mods folder from C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 to your Desktop and start the game.

Of not, please post a DxDiag:
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 3 of 9 (395 Views)

★ Novice

I already moved out all my CC to a whole other folder on my desktop to see if that was the problem and it isn't I also tried repairing the game directly through Origin and that also didn't work. And I have been using the Cats & Dogs expansion for weeks now and have never had this problem before so I don't think that's it either. 

Message 4 of 9 (387 Views)

★ Novice
Also I just tried opening the DxDiag application and it isn't working. I tried restarting and trying again and it still isn't working. It won't even open.
Message 5 of 9 (380 Views)

★★ Novice
Wait what's a DxDiag I'm knew to this stuff I just got it over Christmas
Message 6 of 9 (372 Views)

★★ Novice
Yah I did that too and I don't even think my CC downloaded
Message 7 of 9 (370 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@savveyroe

Please follow the link i posted to learn how to post a dxdiag if you want help, I need more info about your computer.

@Splommy

Try running dxdiag as an administrator?

If you cannot even get dxdiag to start you might have a big issue with your PC, this is a standard Windows feature that all computers have, try restarting yours.

Or do you have a Mac? :O

Please tell me if you are as you're in the wrong forum.

Message 8 of 9 (357 Views)

★★ Novice
I found the solution to my problem maybe @Splommy you should see if that's your problem too.
My Problem:
My problem was that the cats and dogs mod glitched out when I went into create a sim on my dogs profile I didn't know how to get off of it but I found a way. Then I totally forgot about it and it wasn't still on my screen so it didn't appear to be there and I couldn't see it until I went to my "task view" where it shows where all of the pages up and that was the only place I could find that so I would have never found the if I hadn't had gone there to look. I then didn't have any other problems after that. That might be something to look at but your story sounded a bit different so I'm not sure if that might help but thanks guys for trying to help when it was really just my bad "looking for things" skills. If this doesn't help you then I will try and keep an eye out for other solutions and see if those will help you.
Message 9 of 9 (335 Views)