My game saves have all deleted

by ksesia

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

My game saves have all deleted

★★★ Novice

I was playing my Sims 4 game as normal and it was working fine. I then reset my computer (for other reasons) and then played Sims 4 again but all my games had been deleted and it just had the option to start a whole new game! Can I get my past games back? In the ‘saves’ folder, there are 5 “Slots” which are named:

Slot_00000002.save 

Slot_00000002.save.ver0

Slot_00000002.save.ver1

Slot_00000002.save.ver2

Slot_00000002.save.ver3

Slot_00000002.save.ver4

Please help! Thank you. 

Message 1 of 9 (2,559 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My game saves have all deleted

Champion (Retired)

@ksesia 

Rightclick Onedrive in File Explorer and select settings.

2020-02-14_10-56-15.png

Click Unlink this PC or click Choose folders and deselect Documents. that way Onedrive will still work and you can manually upload files from documents.

Rightclick the game in Origin and select repair.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (2,379 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@ksesia 

As you found out there are saves. What probably happened is that the game decided to use another user folder likely on Onedrive. Check if you have this path: onedrive\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 9 (2,551 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@jpkarlsen 

Yep, I have this path. Although, the same six folders are in the "saves" folder.

Message 3 of 9 (2,488 Views)

★★★ Expert
@ksesia

It can be caused by few reasons.

To avoid such problems, read this topic:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-Lost-save-games/td-p/3452781

Crispo
Message 4 of 9 (2,471 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@CapitanRoyon 

Do you know if I can get back my deleted game?

Message 5 of 9 (2,438 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@ksesia 

You can copy your saves to Onedrive or you can disable Onedrive which will force the game to use the old path again.

Message 6 of 9 (2,427 Views)

★★★ Novice

@jpkarlsen 

The saves are already in the one drive. How do i disable  onedrive?? 

Message 7 of 9 (2,414 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@ksesia 

Rightclick Onedrive in File Explorer and select settings.

2020-02-14_10-56-15.png

Click Unlink this PC or click Choose folders and deselect Documents. that way Onedrive will still work and you can manually upload files from documents.

Rightclick the game in Origin and select repair.

Message 8 of 9 (2,380 Views)

★★★ Novice

@jpkarlsen 

Tried all the steps and it still hasn’t got back my previous saves. Thanks for your help though, I’ll just make a new game.

Message 9 of 9 (2,348 Views)