My game runs really slow.

by dbacac10

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My game runs really slow.

★★ Novice

Can someone please tell me what is wrong with my computer, and what is causing my game to run so slow?

Message 1 of 5 (334 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My game runs really slow.

EA app Team

Hi @dbacac10,

I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but your computer doesn't meet the system requirements for The Sims 4 Frown  Your graphics card is not designed to play, it has only 64MB of dedicated memory (the game needs at least 128MB). Your processor barely meets the minimum requirements. Your RAM, even if you have 3GB and the game needs at least 2, is not enough as your graphics card is taking more than a GB from it and your Windows and other programs need to take RAM also.

There's nothing specific wrong in your computer, it's just that the computer is not powerful enough to play the game. I suggest you to try closing all the programs you can before starting the game and to set the graphics to the minimum settings. That might help a bit.

-Mai

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (312 Views)

All Replies

EA app Team

Hi @dbacac10,

Could you please do a 64 bits dxdiag? That would give us complete information about the computer Wink

You would need to press this button, and after that, save all the information.

dxdiag

Thanks,

Mai

Message 2 of 5 (312 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Here you go Standard smile @EA_Mai

Message 3 of 5 (304 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @dbacac10,

I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but your computer doesn't meet the system requirements for The Sims 4 Frown  Your graphics card is not designed to play, it has only 64MB of dedicated memory (the game needs at least 128MB). Your processor barely meets the minimum requirements. Your RAM, even if you have 3GB and the game needs at least 2, is not enough as your graphics card is taking more than a GB from it and your Windows and other programs need to take RAM also.

There's nothing specific wrong in your computer, it's just that the computer is not powerful enough to play the game. I suggest you to try closing all the programs you can before starting the game and to set the graphics to the minimum settings. That might help a bit.

-Mai

Message 4 of 5 (313 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you very much, at least I know what is wrong now :/ @EA_Mai 

Message 5 of 5 (271 Views)