Re: My game keeps crashing before I get to manage worlds after I've loaded the g

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

My game keeps crashing before I get to manage worlds after I've loaded the game!

★★ Novice

Hi! My game keeps crashing before I reach manage worlds and I have literally no idea why. This is after I've started up the game. I've tried this with and without mods and CC, It still continues to crash. I've restarted my computer and tried, still does not work. Is anyone else having or hard the same issue and is there anyone who can help me with this? Please and thank you.

Message 1 of 4 (1,028 Views)
Highlighted

Re: My game keeps crashing before I get to manage worlds after I've loaded the g

@itsjustme455g  Please move your entire Sims 4 user data folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to this folder yet; just see whether you can start a new save and play for a bit.  Let me know either way.

If the game doesn't load properly even with a clean folder in place, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (1,003 Views)

★★★ Newbie

this worked but it deleted all of my game files!!

Message 3 of 4 (962 Views)

@lmkola  Your saves and other content aren't deleted, they're moved to where the game can't read them.  The point of testing in a clean folder is to see whether the problem is something in the old folder you moved, or with your system.  Now you know that the issue is in the user data folder.

You can copy the content from the old folder into the new Sims 4 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts now, but please do so in batches, and test each time to make sure the game still loads.  If it doesn't, you'll know something in the last batch you moved is corrupt, and you'll need to split and test again until you find the problem file(s).

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (944 Views)