Re: My game keeps crashing after clean Windows install

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

[ Edited ]

@asimbsim 

Good to hear that you solved it. Standard smile

In case you still want more Ram, look at the vendors side of your Motherboard.

There you should find a list with Ram that was tested and deemed compatible with your board.

In general it is always better to have two identical sticks, but if you find one on that vendor list that matches the general characteristics of your Ram, it should work just fine. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 11 of 12 (133 Views)

@asimbsim  When your computer freezes while you're using the internet, are you playing Sims 4, or do you have Origin open, or any other apps aside from a browser or two?  Is there any pattern to the freezes: a website, the amount of time you've been online, etc.?

Please also look in the Reliablity Monitor for any errors that correspond with a time you saw one of these temporary freezes.  Hit Windows key-R and enter "perfmon /rel" without quotes.  You'll see a chart of errors and updates, with a column for each day.  (Today is on the right.)  For the last couple days, please look for any entry that happened at the time of a freeze.  You'll need to click "view technical details" to check the timestamp, as the times listed on the chart can be off by an hour or so.

For any relevant entries you find, please click "view technical details," copy the information, and paste it into a text document (Notepad is fine).  Then attach the .txt file to a reply.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 12 (122 Views)