Re: My game is lagging for no reason

by roberta591

Original Post

My game is lagging for no reason

★★★ Newbie

i need help b/c my game lags for no reason at all. i've tried everything and it's not like the game and custom content and all that stuff is too much b/c my computer has over 400GB and i only have 124GB used. and i didn't even know i had that many GB until right now when i checked. i had all my settings on low and i've done everything that every website or post has told me and nothing works. my computer isn't even slow i dont get it. :'(

Message 1 of 4 (382 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Hi @keewuhh

Maybe you have some cc/mods that are broken nd acting up? Try to remove them and see if the game works better.
For example, move the mods folder from C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 to your Desktop and start the game.

Also, please post a DxDiag:
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 2 of 4 (368 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Okay . @CMeki

Here is the DxDiag thing.

Message 3 of 4 (353 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@keewuhh  Lag can be caused by more then disc space issues. Your computer has a Celeron processor and clock at 1.8GHz which is slower then the minimum 2.4 GHz required for this game. The integrated video processor - Intel® HD Graphics for Intel Atom® Processor Z3700 Series - is weak. The video system has only 64Mb of dedicate video memory and the minimum required for this game is 128Mb dedicated video memory. If you computer is below minimum requirements doesn't mean the game won't run, it just may not run that well. Some packs are more demanding then others. There is a newer graphics driver that may help.

Message 4 of 4 (342 Views)