Re: My game is broken and I don't know why

by crinrict

Original Post

My game is broken and I don't know why

★★★★ Novice

My game won't let my sims visit any community lot, whenever i do try i get this message: The game failed to load. Error Code: 109:316070fc:d71d09ed. It is recommended that you relaunch the game.
The mods I use are Kawaii Stacey's Slice of Life, MCCC, cheats extension, Polarbear autonomous proposal, weerbesu's longer parties mod, YAKFARM no festivals mod, NPCC mod, LUUMIA height mod.
I updated all of them and the problem persists.

Also there are never any sims wondering around anymore and I tried to throw a party and no one showed up. If I invite people round they don’t show up and community lots are dead, my sims are the only ones there.

-does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? Any help would be much appreciated

Message 1 of 6 (387 Views)

Hero
@indiasparks Do you get the error if you remove all mods and test on a backup ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (377 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict How do i test as a back up? Also should i remove mods and then repair the game?
Message 3 of 6 (372 Views)

Hero

This is the easiest method

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup (use save as or make a copy of the save)

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • ConfigOverride, if you have your own configuration files.
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (370 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi, i tried what you said and it did not work, i have updated all my mods. Do you know anything else it could be?

Message 5 of 6 (330 Views)

Hero
@indiasparks So you had the same issue on a new save with nothing but your save added back or did you also get the same error on a new save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (310 Views)