Re: My game data reset and My CC wont work

by crinrict

Original Post

My game data reset and My CC wont work

★★★ Newbie

I have been playing the sims for about a year, and all of my CC was working fine until last night. I was playing my game and all of the CC was working just fine, and then i put my PC away for a few hours. When I logged back in, and opened The Sims, all of my game data was reset and none of  my CC was working, none of it! First, I tried taking all of my CC out of the mods folder, opening the game, closing the game, and putting all of the CC back in the folder. That didnt work. After that, I tried taking out all of my CC and just leaving one hair cc and the resource configuration file in the Mods folder, that didnt work either. Then, I tried disabling and re-enabling the use of custom content in my game. That didn't work either. My last resort was to uninstall and reinstall the Sims onto my computer. When that didn't work, I tried searching through the internet for ways to fix it, but I found no solutions that I hadn't already tried. And here I am, typing this out because I am desperate to fix my game. 

I would really appreciate some help,

Thank you!

Message 1 of 4 (191 Views)

Hero

HI @tinystarfish989

are you using oneDrive ? If so, can you check if you have a sims folder there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (179 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I do use OneDrive, and that is where my Sims file is. I was unaware that there was another application that would have my Sims file in it, as I've been using OneDrive since I purchased the game

Message 3 of 4 (169 Views)

Hero

Could you check locally in your doc folder then if the game uses that folder ?

documents\electronicarts\thesims\

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (150 Views)