My game crashes when I load my household

by StrickenLoki92

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My game crashes when I load my household

★ Novice

My game crashes when I load my household i tried resetting my game, fixing it, backingup saves but nothing works

Message 1 of 6 (415 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My game crashes when I load my household

[ Edited ]

@StrickenLoki92  Please update Sims 4 to the newest patch level; it looks like you're one minor patch behind.  The most recent patch fixed some issues with exactly the kind of crashing you've described.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (369 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@StrickenLoki92  Please update Sims 4 to the newest patch level; it looks like you're one minor patch behind.  The most recent patch fixed some issues with exactly the kind of crashing you've described.

Message 2 of 6 (370 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How do I make sure I'm updated to the newest patch? I keep getting that long code that everyone else is talking about where it loads Worlds, but then crashes when you try to open a house. I cannot get any help from EA Games. 

Message 3 of 6 (364 Views)

@VP1213  To check for updates, open your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Update.  You can also see your version number along the bottom of the screen at the Main Menu (where you can load a save or start a new one); the current version as of today is 1.63.36.

However, it looks like you've already found the current thread for your issue.  It's not solved by updating; unfortunately, there's currently no way to fix it at all.  But when there is, the other thread you posted in will be updated.

Message 4 of 6 (343 Views)

★ Novice

Ok got it but i have another problem... other sims keep swiping my stuff... i cant have my restaurant open cuz the customers swipe all the tables, and on my university household they stole the microwave and the counter... this game is so broken I did not think i would ever rage playing the sims 4...

Message 5 of 6 (292 Views)

@StrickenLoki92  That issue is likely related to the Sharing is Caring neighborhood action plan, which lets sims steal pretty much anything.  Even if that action plan isn't active in the current neighborhood, NPC sims can pick it up from elsewhere.

There are a couple of relevant bug reports, if you're interested:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-ECO-Objects-disappear-from-lots-NPC-Stealing-with-and/td-...

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-ECO-NAPs-from-all-neighbourhoods-are-applied-to-visiting/...

Feel free to click Me Too on the first post, and you can keep an eye on those threads for updates.

Message 6 of 6 (265 Views)