My game constantly freezes about every 2 mins.

by tolanilove

Original Post

My game constantly freezes about every 2 mins.

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Seasons, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, & Spooky Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It occurs as soon as I open the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? Recently my game has constantly frozen about every 2 mins for about 30 seconds. I didn't think much of it at first but now it's getting really irritating. I have repaired my game, taken out all mods/cc, cleared up space on my disc. I don't really know what to do about it anymore. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.
What do you expect to see? I expect the game to run smoothly without freezing every 2 mins.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Please anyone help if they can!

Message 1 of 3 (297 Views)

Re: My game constantly freezes about every 2 mins.

★★★ Guide

I have a similar problem with that on my newly built PC, even though my system is well above the recommended requirements, yet on my older lower spec machine, it runs great, same mods, same save, so I can rule out any of those suspects. Mine been like lag spikes every 30 seconds, 30-40 seconds of perfectly smooth gameplay then the screen will freeze up completely for 3-5 seconds only thing that's isn't affected is the audio that continues as normal. 

I can rule my problem to be either an OS/Driver/Hardware issue, so first thing is to keep your graphics drivers up-to-date. Hasn't helped me yet though, but lately I have noticed a squealing sound coming from my GPU during the freeze moments, suggesting the CPU and GPU are bottlenecking. I might have a decent CPU and GPU but when they work together their timings seem way off.

Message 2 of 3 (275 Views)

Re: My game constantly freezes about every 2 mins.

Hero
@tolanilove Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

- Press Windows-Key + R
- Type: DxDiag
- Click on Save all Information.
- Attach the Text File to your post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 3 (261 Views)