Re: My game RUNS SLOW and LAGS SIMS 4

by crinrict

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I am having this problem too

I'd really appreciate it if anyone could help!

Message 41 of 78 (1,363 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello 

For the answer to this problem you posted a link to a website. (sorry i didn't reply on that post it didn't give me an option) I am new to sims i've had it for about 5 days and it's doing the same thing as the person who asked this question. I did go into settings to put my game in laptop mode, but it already was so that would not have helped the lagging issue. So then i saw you post about the website and they said that it worked and i wanted to try it, but i suck at computers and the link only takes me to the home page of the website. So could you give me instructions on what to do? I know you did this back in 2014 but it would be very helpful. 

Message 42 of 78 (1,262 Views)

@AJesticGaming could you make your own post and attach your DxDiag?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 43 of 78 (1,256 Views)

★★ Novice
What's a DxDiag?

Im sorry i new to all of this
Message 44 of 78 (1,238 Views)

Please follow this how to on how to gather your DxDiag.
You can post the DxDiag by attaching it to your new post.
Don't paste it directly into your answer, because that won't fit.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 45 of 78 (1,235 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello all, I am having trouble also with the lagging and overall slowness of my sims 4 game. Now I do have CC downloaded onto the game, I believe I have custom settings as far as the graphics. The majority of my settings are likely set to medium. 

Is there anything I could do to improve this? Are my specs low? 

Here's my specs....

Message 46 of 78 (1,178 Views)

Hero

@SwanPlace wrote:

Hello all, I am having trouble also with the lagging and overall slowness of my sims 4 game. Now I do have CC downloaded onto the game, I believe I have custom settings as far as the graphics. The majority of my settings are likely set to medium. 

Is there anything I could do to improve this? Are my specs low? 

Here's my specs....

Your computer is rather low in specs, especially the processor

I would try removing your mods and setting your settings to low

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 47 of 78 (1,150 Views)

★★ Novice
Welp that's pretty embarrassing. I had my friend who knows a little about computers take a look at this laptop I'm playing it on, and they said the same thing. I thought that maybe my drivers just needed to be updated.

Are there any computers/laptops that are a decent price (between $300-$600) that I can get that'll definitely run TS4 on it fast and smoothly?
Message 48 of 78 (1,111 Views)

★ Novice

The sims 4 used to run okay for me, I currently have windows 10 and have downloaded a driver thing to see if it would tell me what to update. Failed. Tried another thing failed too. I don't honestly know how to fix it and i can't create any new videos tell i get it fixed... 

Message 49 of 78 (1,025 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Hi @Mspotato01

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 50 of 78 (1,018 Views)